Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saguakid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
My iMac is not encoding DVDs,I tried to burn music or softwares and does it with no prob,but burn movies or encode doesn't do it,I ran disc utility test and everything is fine,How can I fix this,my first yr of warranty expired from apple,Is there anyway to run a test to see if the lens are dirty or to try to buy a disc cleaner,I need help on this please,I don't think this is broken since my imac is 16 months old.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
If you can burn DVD's of any type, you should be good to go. Why isn't it encoding, that should be a function of software and nothing else. Either that or user error.

saguakid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
If you can burn DVD's of any type, you should be good to go. Why isn't it encoding, that should be a function of software and nothing else. Either that or user error.

How do I know what type of error is?I can't burn or encode dvds..I can Not

saguakid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Maybe a few more details of what you are actually trying to do and with what programs would help.

I always use toast to encode Downloaded movies,I tried to burn movies and once the encoding starts,toast stop responding and freezes,so i tried to burn on disk utility and fail,also i try to burn using other apps and I can't burn any video,seems like my dvd burner or lenses are bad but I would like to see if theres a way to prove it.
I still can see DVDS when I insert em on my iMac,so still reads but doesn't record

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.