Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:00 AM   #1
keinxerika
macrumors newbie

Iphone 3G screen not working but sounds are present

My iPhone 3g suddenly shut off and won't turn on. i did hold the sleep and home buttons simultaneously for 10secs, released sleep and continued holding home for another 10secs then i connected it to itunes. the phone still won't turn on but i heard that sound when u plug it in a usb.
the itunes recognized it. i was able to do a back up and restored it to 4.2.1 all through itunes. after finishing everything, the phone still won't wake up / turn on. all it does is make that sound when i connect it to itunes/usb. nothing on the screen, even a black or white light. nothing at all.

what should i do next?

help please..
keinxerika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:08 AM   #2
keinxerika
macrumors newbie

after putting it on DFU mode, restoring and updating to 4.2.1 still nothing happened on the screen. i even put it on the fridge still nothing happened. charged it overnight, nothing.

what could be the problem on this?
keinxerika is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone