Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deamon2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
After upgrading my iPhone 4 last night, I've been getting this error every 10-15 minutes. Nothing is plugged in, and hitting the "dismiss" button is only a temporary fix.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any fix ideas?

chrisbetty

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2011
i have the Verizon iPhone and i'm on iOS 4.2.6 and i have this problem all the time with any iDevice accessory with a 30-Pin connector except of coarse my apple cables.

deamon2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
The problem I am having is that nothing is plugged in but I still get the message. In fact, the only thing I hook it up to is my Mac to sync with iTunes (with Apple USB).

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I had his happen a out three weeks ago. Same message pops up. Time and time again. It happened when I pluged my iPhone 4 into a friends Alpine CD reciever in his car.

I took me three restores to get that message to stop coming up. I went to update to 4.3 yesterday and my computer won't recognize my iPhone. iTunes doesn't see it. Nothing. I've tried 3 different apple USB/30 pin and all four of my USB ports on the computer. I haven't had time to go through through the process of putting it in DFU or anything.

It's weird, just like you said, happens when nothing is plugged in.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
So an update,

I went to the apple store today to explain my situation of my PC not recognizing the iPhone. What it turned out to be in my case is that circuit board had some green corrosion on it. Like something had shorted it out. Might have been when I connected to the alpine reciever. Don't know.

I also had the water sensor pink. Could have been a combination of both. I have before taken a shower with the iPhone in the room, quite a few times as a matter of fact.

I can't say enough about apple service. I received a new iPhone at no cost.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your particular situation but just wanted to give you a update on what I found.

deamon2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
It's good to know I'm not crazy! I knew I couldn't be the only person with this problem.

I'll have to visit an Apple Store this weekend.

beerman79

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
samer erro

Plus, I also keep getting "this accessory not designed to charge the iphone" or something like that, even if nothing was plugged in.

It started happening Friday night. My friend also started having the exact same issue Friday night, only, we weren't together or doing the same thing.

The phone got a tiny bit moist - in that, I had a 5 minute conversation while walking in the rain, but it's not like I dipped it in water or anything.

It seems like a software error to me.

rwd hero

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Baltimore, Maryland
So an update,

I went to the apple store today to explain my situation of my PC not recognizing the iPhone. What it turned out to be in my case is that circuit board had some green corrosion on it. Like something had shorted it out. Might have been when I connected to the alpine reciever. Don't know.

I also had the water sensor pink. Could have been a combination of both. I have before taken a shower with the iPhone in the room, quite a few times as a matter of fact.

I can't say enough about apple service. I received a new iPhone at no cost.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your particular situation but just wanted to give you a update on what I found.

I was just getting ready to ask you if you had put a screen protector on recently. The first time I installed a zap invisible shield (wet application) some of the liquid must have gotten into the earpiece. I got the same popup for a few hours until the liquid dried up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.