Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

highmarcs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Is there ANY way, any way at all to sync ones audiobooks to their iPhone/iPod?

Over the past few months, I've downloaded several audiobooks, two of them directly to my iPhone and another to my MBP.

The ones that were downloaded to my iPhone have put themselves on my MBP, while removing themselves from my iPhone. Well, I've tried for DAYS and days and days, gone to countless websites and there seems to be just no way to put any of these back on my portable.

My "sync" button remains grey'ed out, no matter what I do and other websites show a "books" button under "devices" which iTunes 10 simply does not have. In fact, every help page I was able to find on the issue demonstrates with a different version of iTunes and the buttons are all different.

If I can't listen to these on my portable, then they are worthless to me. I've asked Apple to let me know if there is ANY possible way to get my audiobooks on my portable. They have yet to get back to me.

If there isn't I'm going to demand a full refund for all book purchases. Does anyone here happen to know why they removed any audiobook sync function from iTunes 10?

Knoodles

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Gone to the Beach
Start by opening iTunes. Go to iTunes Menu>Preferences>General tab. Make sure Books is check marked. Click OK to close the Preferences window. Books should show up under Library in the iTunes sidebar not devices. Click on the new Books library. Add your books. They should be in your music folder under Books and/or Audiobooks. Now connect your iPhone and have iTunes sync your books to it. With your iPhone selected in the iTunes sidebar you should now have a Books tab at the top of the window next to summary, music, photos. Select sync all books. Hit the Sync button at the bottom of window.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
AUDIO books not books. Big difference and I'm having the same problem!

iTunes still sorts them the same (in separate categories within the Books section, of course), so the advice given should have been correct.

jW

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
AUDIO books not books. Big difference and I'm having the same problem!

Wrong! :) As has already been said, all books are in the iTunes "Books" section under "Library" in the sidebar.

OP, have you checked, with the iPhone connected, that under the "Books" heading (at top of page), both "Sync Books" and "Sync Audiobooks" are ticked?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.