Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobiasvdp

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Dear all,

just experienced a totally outstanding thing with apple today:

after the introduction of the new Rev D, i was somewhat disappointed and ordered a 2.13 Rev C refurb, as a successor to my Rev B 1,6 SSD, mainly due to three reasons:

- backlit keyboard
- nicer case (imho)
- quite interesting price, 1099 Euros

Now i had some issues with this machine, sometimes the fan made weird noises after waking up from sleep, istat showed fan speed at 0rpm. We tried lots of things, like reinstalling the system, smc reset, swapped the fan twice and the logic board once. Nothing helped, so I called apple to get this machine exchanged for another rev c refurb, but it seems as if they are out of stock and therefore it will be exchanged for a brand new ultimate 13" (need to pay 100 Euros for the 4 GB of Ram though)

That is just a great customer service, quite happy waiting for the new one to arrive, but on the other hand it somehow saddens me to send the rev c back, apart from the fan issue this was one of the best machines i´ve ever owned, hope to get accustomed to the missing backlit keyboard. What happens with these defective machines, does anybody know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.