Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

211508-ipad2_hands_800_500.jpg

As of 5pm Eastern, Apple has started selling the iPad 2 in retail stores along the east coast. Based on reports, there have been lengthy lines for the iPad 2 across the country at Apple Retail stores, but lines at 3rd party retailers such as Best Buy and Wal-Mart have been mixed.

We expect the first iPad 2s to be in hand momentary, please send any photos/reports to webmaster@macrumors.com

Article Link: Apple's iPad 2 On Sale at Retail Stores

ComicJ27

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Just got out of best buy in Noho. The Soho store had a line around the block. Best Buy had about 60 people total. They only had 20 iPads. Onto the next.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
No one posting because they are waiting in line?

I think you're right. I'm expecting videos, photos and first impressions in about half an hour, to an hour. All the other peoples' excitement makes me sad - how am I supposed to wait weeks for mine (I live in the UK)?

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Kudos to all those who stood in line; you are a true testament to the Apple Hype Machine. You bought the "limited supply" issue hook line and sinker...and gave Apple some really nice free publicity in the process.

Excelsior to you all!

What I find most funny is that chap who camped out for a week is in the CST time zone and will miss his chance to be first.

Charlie Sheen

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Mars
the review wont be any different from the review of the ipad 1 sam os. its like reviewing the new macbook pro besides the hardware there's nothing new.

RandomGuy26

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
Kudos to all those who stood in line; you are a true testament to the Apple Hype Machine. You bought the "limited supply" issue hook line and sinker...and gave Apple some really nice free publicity in the process.

Excelsior to you all!

What I find most funny is that chap who camped out for a week is in the CST time zone and will miss his chance to be first.

wait why will he miss it.. it starts selling at 5pm EST right.. not 5pm local time.. so he is probably drooling all over his newly bought ipad right now..

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
the ipad got 512mb ram, the dual core cpu is only clocked at 800mhz it seems, according to geekbench

SteveKnobs

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
CMU
God forsaken online ordering. I'm so freaking jealous of everyone getting theirs tonight. I feel like I'm part of the out-group now :(.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
wait why will he miss it.. it starts selling at 5pm EST right.. not 5pm local time.. so he is probably drooling all over his newly bought ipad right now..

Really, I thought it was rolling, in that its 5PM local when it goes on sale.

Edited to add...

This is the Engadget headline

iPad 2 goes on sale tomorrow: 5PM local time in stores, 1AM PT online

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/10/ipad-2-goes-on-sale-tomorrow-5pm-local-time-in-stores-1am-pt-o/

So, apple Fanatic and new rising Internet Celebrity, Justin Wagoner is in CST, where it is a little past 4:00 PM. Apple Fanatic and new rising Internet Celebrity, Justin Wagoner still has time to wait AFAIK. Apple Fanatic and new rising Internet Celebrity, Justin Wagoner may be drooling, but its not over an Apple iPad 1.5.

Last edited:

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
the review wont be any different from the review of the ipad 1 sam os. its like reviewing the new macbook pro besides the hardware there's nothing new.

Nothing new?

What are you talking about.

You want to state again for the record that there is nothing new on the iPad2 from the iPad1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.