Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i eversaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta
The backlight of my iPad bleeds into the screen in the upper right corner. It's especially noticeable when viewing dark screens. anyone else?

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
Do you have the damn brightness turned all the way up ??? Remember, it is an LED backlit screen. (I predicted these post on another thread. Didn't think it would happen so quick. We already have the yellow tint issue already posted too..)

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
Mine has some along the bottom and im not sure its the kind that will go away ..

I will say it seemed worse when i first powered on the machine so maybe it will settle down but i dont have my hopes up about it and if not then ill just exchange it ..

I paid enough coin that i dont want to stare at this everytime a black screen pops up. This is as annoying as a stuck pixel quite frankly.

ExclamationKate

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
I have some backlight bleed as well, on the bottom of the screen to the right of the home button. I have a white 16GB Wifi. It's very noticeable.

I got my iPad tonight at my local BB. (I have Silver RZ Membership, and from what I understand, I can return electronics up to 45 days after purchase.) I have never taken an Apple product back—what are my options here? And what would anyone suggest as supplies are obviously limited right now?

EDIT: Brightness is at 50%

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Pics please?

Also - I would return it later. Does anybody know if you can return onine orders to retail Apple locations?

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I have some backlight bleed as well, on the bottom of the screen to the right of the home button. I have a white 16GB Wifi. It's very noticeable.

I got my iPad tonight at my local BB. (I have Silver RZ Membership, and from what I understand, I can return electronics up to 45 days after purchase.) I have never taken an Apple product back—what are my options here? And what would anyone suggest as supplies are obviously limited right now?

EDIT: Brightness is at 50%

Same problem here, white one brightness 50% bottom right light bleeding.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Mine has a tiny amount when viewing full black, but once I turned down the brightness it is nearly invisible. Honestly the bleeding was worse on my 1st gen iPad.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Got it to on the bottom. 32 gb black wifi. When I press on the bezel near the bleed it gets worse. Looks like the screen was not installed correctly. Those new to apple should know they will replace it no problem. Just take it in and they have iPads specifically for exchanges in the back.

GMcGarity

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
I am not sure if mine is bleeding or it is a yellow tint issue. It is only along the bottom and it is yellow-ish. Wifi 64 gb black

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
I am not sure if mine is bleeding or it is a yellow tint issue. It is only along the bottom and it is yellow-ish. Wifi 64 gb black

Yeah i have the same exact issue as yours and mine is 64gig Wifi..

The screen honestly looks pinched and if you push on the right hand side you will see the bleed gets worse with your finger on it ..

Clearly this is an issue with the machine just launching and so many people complaining in this short period of time all with almost the same exact problem.

Whether this will settle down or go away after a few good days of use i guess is the question but i have zero hope it will disappear as i have owned to many screens on to many different pieces of electronics for these things to just vanish.

ExclamationKate

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Mine has a tiny amount when viewing full black, but once I turned down the brightness it is nearly invisible. Honestly the bleeding was worse on my 1st gen iPad.

I turned mine down to about 25%, and yeah, it does go away. I didn't have any bleeding on my 1st gen. so this took me by surprise. However, I'll probably give myself a few weeks with it and see if I still notice it or not.

ozred

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I don't notice it if I look away LOL

What did you expect for less than $1,000. ?

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
I'm having major backlight bleeding myself. Mine is worst near the top right but also appears near the bottom right.

Are you sure Apple replaces iPads for that reason?

32gb Black ATT 3G btw. It's definitely NOT the yellow blotch issue.

i eversaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta
^i eversaw, Do you have a black or white iPad? more info would be greatly appreciated (wifi only,Verizon or ATT 3G?)

I have the black wifi only. Another weird manufacturing flaw is that there was a little bit of gummy glue sticking out on the top above the camera...I'll go to the apple store sunday and see if I can't get a replacement.

Blacklabel34

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Orange County
Can someone please please post a picture with the area highlighted. Are you talking about where the screen/bezel meets the edge of the case or where the edge of the lcd panel meets the beginning of the bezel? Please post pics:confused:

GMcGarity

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
Yeah i have the same exact issue as yours and mine is 64gig Wifi..

The screen honestly looks pinched and if you push on the right hand side you will see the bleed gets worse with your finger on it ..

Clearly this is an issue with the machine just launching and so many people complaining in this short period of time all with almost the same exact problem.

Whether this will settle down or go away after a few good days of use i guess is the question but i have zero hope it will disappear as i have owned to many screens on to many different pieces of electronics for these things to just vanish.

Ya you are right this sucks. When I press on it it totally gets worse. Hopefully this will be addressed? I won't hold my breath though. As my money is already gone.

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
Ya you are right this sucks. When I press on it it totally gets worse. Hopefully this will be addressed? I won't hold my breath though. As my money is already gone.

Well i bought mine from Bestbuy so it will be going back either for a return or an exchange if it does not go away after a day or so..

If i have to wait for a new shipment i will and i will be opening it in the store at the service counter so i dont have to waste my time and gas going back and forth.

I would have opened it right there like i have done in the past for other things but i just wanted to get the heck out of there because it was a madhouse :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.