Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:18 PM   #1
kev7554
macrumors newbie

How do I watch a rented movie from my Mac on my apple tv

Rented jackass 3 on my MacBook can I watch it on my apple tv 2nd gen and if so how do I do this. Can I start watching it and AirPlay it to the apple tv or do I have to do something else. Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2
waw74
macrumors 68020

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4309

Once the rental is downloaded, you can watch it on your computer, stream it to Apple TV (2nd generation) via Home Sharing, or transfer the rental to a supported iPhone, iPad, or iPod.1
  • Connect the device to your computer. Then, click it when it appears on the left side of the iTunes window (under Devices).
  • Click the TV Shows Tab.
  • Select the TV Show you want to transfer, then click Move.
  • Click Apply in the lower-right corner.
waw74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 08:13 PM   #3
newagemac
macrumors 68000

The rentals on your Mac just show up on the AppleTV now if you have home sharing enabled. You can also access them with the Remote app as there is a "rentals" section on it. Click on "More" if you don't have it set as one of your main options at the bottom in the Remote app.

Of course, you can also transfer them to an iOS device and then Airplay it from there. Or you can start playing it in iTunes on your computer and then choose to Airplay it from your computer.

So there are multiple ways to play rentals on your computer at your Apple TV. Take your pick.
newagemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater