Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faraz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
i was wondering if anyone could help me with this one... i can't find much info on the apple website so i thought i'd post my question here.

I just got a 40 gig ipod, and i opened it, read the instructions and put it on my desk to charge in the dock. About two hours later i came in and the ipod screen was off... my friend told me he simply moved it slight to the side for desk space... so i picked it up and put it back in the dock, and it tunred on, but after only two hours it said that the battery was fully charged! I'm guessing when my friend moved it, the connector came loose from the dock and it stopped charging, i've heard of stories of friends damaging cell phone batteries by not letting it charge fully the first time, could something like that have happened here? the user guide and the apple batteries website don't mention anything on the topic.

any advice would be appreciated
thanks!

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
I believe the problem comes when you use it before you charge it all the way. it sounds to me like it was charging, then was unplugged, but then you charged it again without using it. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i dont think you have anything to worry about, if its fully charged thats what matters, dont forget you do have a year warranty on it, so if the battery goes in that time apple will replace it for you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.