Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
Since my update i have had problems with my vibrate function - sometimes it does not work. Also my text messages repeat themselves randomly.

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
oh i forgot to say, try to keep all the iOS 4.3 problems on this page, that way it can all be in one place

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007

Charlie Sheen

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Mars
BIG problem...

it used to be that for our company domain I could just type http://CompanyIntranet and it would forward my safari browser on iPad 4.2 to http://CompanyIntranet/intranet.asp easy right?

with the upgrade to ios 4.3, I noticed that now I have to explicitly type in the search domain name so it reads like so: http://CompanyIntranet.CompanyDomain.local/intranet.asp

otherwise my links all fail on ios 4.3!!

I know may sound childish but by bookmarking the page you can get there very fast every time you have to.

I hate the battery draining on the ipad

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
does my vibrate function feel slower/shorter now?? seems like it. im not sure, ill have to see. as if apple is trying to trim down in certain areas to increase battery life maybe??

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
This will likely be a monster thread.

Thanks a lot Apple. You released another turd.

Ponderous

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
New Jersey
So as a Verizon iPhone 4 user I should sit contently knowing my phone wasn't infected with a bag o' ass from 4.3?

I was kind of looking forward to "safari improvements"

mclide

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
New York
So as a Verizon iPhone 4 user I should sit contently knowing my phone wasn't infected with a bag o' ass from 4.3?

iTunes says it could not check for an update to the carrier settings for my iPhone. Error 1651..

Running on Verizon. Is this just me?

djpauly

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
4.3 on 1st Gen iPad

So I know this sounds goofy but the majority of my apps... have been randomly crashing since updating to 4.3
I've completely erased and restored my device only to have the same problem. These are apps that were running very effectively on the previous version!
Not sure what to do?

taintedwheat

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Battery life

My battery life is now horrible on my iPhone 4 after updating to iOS 4.3. My battery now uses up approx. 10% per hour of normal use. At the end of the day I'm now getting low battery warnings where as before I would have ~40% remaining at the end of the day. I just used up 2% typing this response :eek:

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
It's not problem as in a bug but a new feature that is a problem for me and probably others.

The new vibrate twice when you get a text annoys the **** out of me. Where i work they don't mind us having phones and using them on a day to day basis, but out of respect for people around me I leave it on vibrate. Well now it's just about as annoying as leaving the ringer on now that it vibrates all over my desk everytime someone sends me a text.

It's one of those things, I'd prefer the option to have and not be forced to use it.

iNeko

macrumors regular
May 13, 2007
England
Not so much a problem, just a bug! If I hover between pages on my iPhone, it sticks in the middle (sometimes, like one in five attempts), stops folders from working and generally looks weird! I made a thread about it the other day and uploaded an image, so here it is again to save looking for it ;)

Attachments

• 255915653.jpg
    255915653.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 109

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
So I know this sounds goofy but the majority of my apps... have been randomly crashing since updating to 4.3
I've completely erased and restored my device only to have the same problem. These are apps that were running very effectively on the previous version!
Not sure what to do?

Yes i have noticed the same problem too. its either that iOS 4.3 is really unstable or that a lot of the apps out there are not iOS 4.3 tested yet and so cant work with it properly?

Helo2050

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2009
Not so much a problem, just a bug! If I hover between pages on my iPhone, it sticks in the middle (sometimes, like one in five attempts), stops folders from working and generally looks weird! I made a thread about it the other day and uploaded an image, so here it is again to save looking for it ;)

wow where can I download that wallpaper?

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
With all the problems being expressed here and elsewhere on the Internet as usual Apple is completely silent. Again, obviously we are holding our phones wrong, plugged them in upside down or otherwise messed up the install. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd come out and at least say they are researching the issues... pfffft.

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
Not sure what to do?

With all the problems being expressed here and elsewhere on the Internet as usual Apple is completely silent. Again, obviously we are holding our phones wrong, plugged them in upside down or otherwise messed up the install. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd come out and at least say they are researching the issues... pfffft.

i know right? i joined the 'apple' crew 5 years ago (leaving windows) to think that apple would be great- and they have been. but in the past year they have been disappointing a lot.

Update on my phone -- sleep/wake button is sometimes unresponsive! wtfff!!!!! arghhhhhhh

Julieve

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Gold Coast, Qld, Australia
Iphone 3GS - Camera roll issue

Since upgrading to iOS4.3 on my iphone3GS, I cannot get into my camera roll photos. There is a banner at the top of the screen and the camera roll option is behind the banner and not available for viewing.
The only way to then view the camera roll is to use the Camera app and go into the camera roll through that method.. I am hoping there is a little update to fix this.
I have also found that various apps crash for no reason and my mobile phone coverage seems to have diminished even further than it was before.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
None. I have had no issues with my phone since the upgrade. Everything still working perfectly here!:apple:

bradpurchase

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
Really strange battery drain since updating to 4.3. My phone could be fully charged, just sitting on my desk for a few hours with maybe a text message coming in here and there. Suddenly my phone has gone down to ~75% remaining without doing anything on it.

All of my "battery heavy" settings are off too. And it is a brand new iPhone 3GS. Too strange.

Alienjazz

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Ios 4.3 update issues

Ive noticed that after updating to 4.3, my volume often seems lower, my battery drains noticeably compared to 4.2.1 and the thing thats bugging me the most is every once in a while the slide to unlock doesnt respond. Have to slide it again. Im very particular about the fluid function of my iphone 4 and this makes me crazy. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.