Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

135604-ipad_2_pickup.jpg

Apple Bitch reports that some Apple retail stores around the United States will be opening an hour early tomorrow in anticipation of receiving more iPad 2 shipments after quickly running dry this weekend.While no official announcement has been forthcoming from Apple, anecdotal reports from shoppers across the country trying get an iPad 2 this morning, say they were told by retail staff that even if the Apple Stores were re-stocked today, the iPad 2 would not be sold until tomorrow and for this reason, the Stores would open early for dedicated iPad 2 sales. We have confirmed this with three retail stores.With most retail stores typically seeing 10:00 AM openings, the change means that these stores will be opening at 9:00 AM tomorrow.

We've independently checked with ten Apple retail stores, but only four of them disclosed plans to open early tomorrow. All stores note that shipments are unpredictable, and even those expecting to receive shipments tomorrow do not know what mix of models they will be receiving. All sales are first-come, first-served, so customers may experience lines should they be hoping to pick up an iPad 2 tomorrow.

Article Link: Some Apple Retail Stores Opening Early Tomorrow for iPad Rush

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mmm I should get 2 and sell one

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
Everyone should call their local stores and report back with whether or not they'll open early tomorrow...

I called the Pittsburgh Store in (Shadyside) a couple of hours ago - they will be open a hour early for the new shipment - my order still didn't ship, I might try to get one and cancel order if not shipped by then.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mmm I should get 2 and sell one

I thought this today, but then I thought of how I would feel if I was standing in line behind the guy who bought the last two, but planned to sell one on e-Bay. So while you could make some money, it can be a jerky thing to do.

Then of course, my 64-Black-Verizon iPad is stalled in "Prepared for Shipment". I am considering buying one at the Apple store tomorrow if this is post is true and then canceling the online order or selling it when it arrives.

Truth is that I really need to learn to be more patient. I think my past dealings with MacMall instead of directly with Apple Store make me more anxious than I should be. MacMall lied to me about delivery dates with every order I ever placed with them (with some things slipping for weeks). I gave them three strikes and then never ordered anything from them again.

addicted44

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2005
Just make the stores 24/7 for those late night impulse buys...

Well, folks, what about the 24/7 Manhattan store? Will they sell as they receive stock, or will they be waiting till 9AM too?

If its earlier, I will go and try my luck.

seanpholman

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Went to three of the five stores in Orange County this morning, two of the three confirmed plans to open early tomorrow and that no iPad 2s would be sold today, even if they had some. The last one was more coy, but when I told the guy I knew of the plans, all he would tell me is to come back tomorrow at the same time.

--Sean

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
Just make the stores 24/7 for those late night impulse buys...

Even at 3am I'd bet there would be a good amount of people in an Apple Store. Heck, even when it's not a launch day I always see people lined up before my local Apple Store opens. I can never understand that. Apple has evidently become a following.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
And the point of this is?

They will sell out tomorrow, no matter what they anticipate shipments will be.

Or do they actually think they won't run out and will sell iPads for an additional hour? ~that would be incredible but sounds to god to be true.

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Go Cube

Well, folks, what about the 24/7 Manhattan store? Will they sell as they receive stock, or will they be waiting till 9AM too?

If its earlier, I will go and try my luck.

The 5th Ave store is 24/7. Fun times.
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Jeez guys......I can understand waiting the first day in line as an acceptable risk in a defined timeframe.

But at this point just buy it online and wait 3 weeks or go to Best Buy and give them $100 and have them call you. If you're running to the store every hour or waiting in line every day, you are truly insane. It's just 3 weeks. :)

Tony

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
Jeez guys......I can understand waiting the first day in line as an acceptable risk in a defined timeframe.

But at this point just buy it online and wait 3 weeks or go to Best Buy and give them $100 and have them call you. If you're running to the store every hour or waiting in line every day, you are truly insane. It's just 3 weeks. :)

Tony

Non sense! This is the NOW generation we are talking about. Gotta have it yesterday.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Well unfortunately being a member of the working clas I can'tafford to play games like this so I'll have to keep my online order and wait for 2 weeks

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010

Tony

If people wait that long then mine as well wait for the iPad 3.

ComicJ27

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Funny after this weekend how I haven't heard any mention of the "Apple Hype Machine." You trolls keep on trolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.