Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Just got my refurb after waiting only a day of regular shipping!

This is my first refurb MacBook and I gotta say, it's perfect in every way the moment I unpacked it from the somewhat bland white packaging.

Everything appear brand spanking new down to the last plastic wrap.

All this for a total savings of $200!!!

If all goes well from here, I can assure you that this is not my last Apple refurb.

Anyway, sorry for a meaningless post. I just thought of venting my excitement. :)

cubex

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
What day did you order it from Apple? I placed an order for a refurbished 11" MBA 'ultimate' on Thursday, got a shipment notification email on Friday but my tracking number still isn't even working.

Glad to hear you are happy with it, I am even more excited now!

theyanman

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Just got my refurb after waiting only a day of regular shipping!

This is my first refurb MacBook and I gotta say, it's perfect in every way the moment I unpacked it from the somewhat bland white packaging.

Everything appear brand spanking new down to the last plastic wrap.

All this for a total savings of $200!!!

If all goes well from here, I can assure you that this is not my last Apple refurb.

Anyway, sorry for a meaningless post. I just thought of venting my excitement. :)

Enjoy your purchase. Let us know what you think about it after you've had some time to put it through your normal paces.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
What day did you order it from Apple? I placed an order for a refurbished 11" MBA 'ultimate' on Thursday, got a shipment notification email on Friday but my tracking number still isn't even working.

Glad to hear you are happy with it, I am even more excited now!

I actually ordered it last Thursday just like you and the tracking did not work until this morning ...that's when it said it's on a truck for delivery! I noticed that the package came from a local Apple warehouse just close to where I live. this might explain why I got it really fast.

Good luck to you. I'm sure yours will be there very soon ...you won't be disappointed with it. :)

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
UPDATE:

Just found out my unit was manufactured this month (March 2011) and according to Coconut Battery, the battery has 7 cycles on it already (doesn't bother me).

Could the manufacture month be the re-furbishment month? Anybody knows?

ceiph

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
the manufacturing month is based on the serial, apple issues new serials to refurbs. but the battery is true 7 is nice, my 11 inch refurb had 3 so same boat nice and low

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
the manufacturing month is based on the serial, apple issues new serials to refurbs. but the battery is true 7 is nice, my 11 inch refurb had 3 so same boat nice and low

Ahhh...thanks for the info. :)

I'm still thinking if I should calibrate the battery or not but it doesn't hurt to so I'll probably do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.