Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thepowersin1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
If your like me and placed your online order @ Apple within an hour or two of sales starting and have had NO movement whatsoever with your order please post here. I want to get an idea how many of us there still are, and maybe see any trend as to why our orders are just sitting....

I ordered withing 15 minutes of the Apple site accepting orders and my order has not been touched yet, not even "prepped".

It's clear from the other postings that folks like me have already missed any chance of getting delivery this week.

Any word of people who placed an online order on Saturday the 12th getting shipping notifications yet?

My Order:
Order time: 1:01 AM PST 3-11-11
Model: 64GB Black Wi-Fi only (no engraving)

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Order time: 12:47am AM PST 3-11-11 (3:47am EST)
Model: 32GB Black 3G AT&T Wi-Fi only (no engraving)

SteveKnobs

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
CMU
If your like me and placed your online order @ Apple within an hour or two of sales starting and have had NO movement whatsoever with your order please post here. I want to get an idea how many of us there still are, and maybe see any trend as to why our orders are just sitting....

I ordered withing 15 minutes of the Apple site accepting orders and my order has not been touched yet, not even "prepped".

It's clear from the other postings that folks like me have already missed any chance of getting delivery this week.

Any word of people who placed an online order on Saturday the 12th getting shipping notifications yet?

My Order:
Order time: 1:01 AM PST 3-11-11
Model: 64GB Black Wi-Fi only (no engraving)

Ordered 16GB White Wi-Fi only on Mar 11, 2011 at 01:30 AM PDT. Still at "Not Yet Shipped." I'm furious. I know my order acknowledgment said ships within 3-5 days, but that time period is just about up, and I know I will not be seeing my iPad this week. I'm a longtime Apple customer and perhaps the biggest Apple "fanboy" you could ever hope to meet, but this is seriously "putting a bad taste in my mouth" as others have said. I don't think it will cause me to stop purchasing Apple toys, but if I were asked to rate my customer satisfaction with Apple right now.... 3 out of 10. It's complete BS that some numbnuts got theirs no problem at the store, while I woke up at 4:00 in the morning to order mine. Sorry for the rant...but if anything it indicates how I feel right now.

drknowusa

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
I posted this in another thread earlier today.
My order for 64gb gsm unit was placed at 1:34 am pst on 3/11 and I have been wondering about why it shows "not yet shipped".
On inquiry as to why some engraved units are reported in the Forum as shipped, Apple customer service rep said that the engraved units are being produced in China and being sent directly to buyers, .... but the non-engraved ones are scheduled to be sent from US stock, and will be released for delivery beginning the 18th. That could explain why some of the later orders on March 11 of engraved units appear to be en-route while some of us who ordered earlier are still seeing web pages that show "not yet shipped'.

nvcplus

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Ordered 16GB White Wi-Fi only on Mar 11, 2011 at 01:30 AM PDT. Still at "Not Yet Shipped." I'm furious. I know my order acknowledgment said ships within 3-5 days, but that time period is just about up, and I know I will not be seeing my iPad this week. I'm a longtime Apple customer and perhaps the biggest Apple "fanboy" you could ever hope to meet, but this is seriously "putting a bad taste in my mouth" as others have said. I don't think it will cause me to stop purchasing Apple toys, but if I were asked to rate my customer satisfaction with Apple right now.... 3 out of 10. It's complete BS that some numbnuts got theirs no problem at the store, while I woke up at 4:00 in the morning to order mine. Sorry for the rant...but if anything it indicates how I feel right now.

Oh god, seriously?

I am in the same boat as you, but I don't feel I am entitled to it more than anyone else nor do I feel shafted because I didn't get mine within a freaking week.

If you're such a big time Apple fanboy, you should have went and lined up at a store like MANY people did. Especially when Apple did state that your best bet would be to go line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
My order for 64gb gsm unit was placed at 1:34 am pst on 3/11 and I have been wondering about why it shows "not yet shipped".
On inquiry as to why some engraved units are reported in the Forum as shipped, Apple customer service rep said that the engraved units are being produced in China and being sent directly to buyers, .... but the non-engraved ones are scheduled to be sent from US stock, and will be released for delivery beginning the 18th. That could explain why some of the later orders on March 11 of engraved units appear to be en-route while some of us who ordered earlier are still seeing web pages that show "not yet shipped'.

If this is the case, I am furious.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Order Date: Mar 11, 2011 at 01:55 AM PDT

IPAD WI-FI 64GB BLACK-USA

Not yet shipped

zMacintoshz

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
NY, FL
I ordered a 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G black iPad 2 ( no engraving) at 1:02am PST.
it still has not moved at all, and says "Not Shipped Yet":(

thepowersin1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
I feel your pain.... your right the 3-5 day delivery time frame will be up soon. would not be surprised to wake up tomorrow & find it updated to the "1 to 2 weeks"... and when you call CS they have no info what so ever... What really scares me are the few that are posting that their order was simply cancelled with no explanation and CS tells them that they have to order again and go to the back of the line... pathetic:mad:

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
I feel your pain.... your right the 3-5 day delivery time frame will be up soon. would not be surprised to wake up tomorrow & find it updated to the "1 to 2 weeks"... and when you call CS they have no info what so ever... What really scares me are the few that are posting that their order was simply cancelled with no explanation and CS tells them that they have to order again and go to the back of the line... pathetic:mad:

I'm actually shocked by how bad the customer service is. Very low opinion of the customer service right now.

NTBRNWSHD

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011

Seriously, why are you so furious? If you buy stuff on the web you know that 3-5 means business days, not weekend days. Boo hoo you got up maybe an hour earlier than I get up on a normal weekday but those other people took much more time out of their lives to go and line up. You picked your lzy butt off the bed and sauntered over to your computer to order it. And lets all keep this in perspective...its a fricken computer, ok? It not the cure for cancer or the solution to homelessness and poverty around the world. Mine's coming sometime in April...whoop di do. Am I keeping an eye out for it locally, yea maybe a bit, but is the world going to come to an end if I don't end up receiving it until the end of April? No, I'll just use my laptop and desktop like I've been doing for the past 20 years........

SATX78209

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Ordered 64GB Black WiFi + 3G on AT&T on launch day at 1:04 AM PST.

Still in the not yet shipped category. Urg!:mad:

MarioB

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Order time:Mar 11, 2011 at 12:46

Not yet shipped

IPAD WI-FI 16GB WHITE-USA

Shipped on: Mar 14, 2011 via FED EX GROUND

IPAD SMART COVER GRAY-USA

I guess my cover will be lonely for a while ;(

thepowersin1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
this is interesting and the most detail i have heard regarding what may be going on.. we could still get our units this week if your correct and the non engraved stock is shipping from a US facility. I was assuming everything was coming from china...there's hope!

thepowersin1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Seems like a lot people who have had no movement ordered the 64GB.. but not all...

In regards to the post by drknowusa .... has anyone heard of units ordered with no engraving that have already been shipped, from china or anywhere else??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.