Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:11 AM   #1
liaamikiir
macrumors newbie

Question iPad or 4G iPod Touch?

Hello!

I'm moving out of state and away from my family and friends for graduate school. Since I'll be trying to stay in contact with them, I was thinking of upgrading from my 2G iPod Touch to either an iPad or an iPod Touch 4G.

The question I'm having trouble with is, which one?

The iPad would be nicer for reading PDFs (which I do a decent amount of), but the size and cost could be awkward. I'm not sure how easy it would be to snap a picture with an iPad without risking dropping it, and that's part of the reason I want the upgrade: I need a quick way to share pictures and silly things with my family. However, I'll be commuting to school, and it would be great not to haul my heavy laptop when all I need to do is read PDFs and web surf.

The iPod Touch is great (I love mine), but the screen is really small for using PDFs and most light web browsing which I've tried. It's also a little small for the calendar function - I use it as a day planner on a very regular basis. On the plus side, it fits in my pocket, which would make it more easily accessible for quick picture moments. I already use it to play music and fall asleep with, which might be weird with the iPad.

Comments and advice would be greatly appreciated! I can't afford both, so it's got to be one or the other.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2
liaamikiir
macrumors newbie

Apologies, wrong forum. I'll repost it immediately, please delete the thread.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
ipad, ipod touch