Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:05 PM   #1
maf2k8
macrumors 6502

Quickest, Easiest Best way to import movies into iTunes?

Ok so i have about 100 movies total on my iMac. Mainly all are .avi, while others are .MKV, etc, etc.

I want to import all of my movies into iTunes because i plan on getting a Apple TV and i also have a iPad 2 and from what i am told, The movies need to be "IN" iTunes for them to play/stream to Apple TV/iPad, etc...

So with that said, What is the BEST yet QUICKEST way to import 100 movies into iTunes? I have them in my movies folder, just not in iTunes.

Also, will the quality be any worse by doing this? ( decoding them or encoding them, however it is )

Thanks
maf2k8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:15 AM   #2
tug
macrumors 6502

you can only play mp4/m4v/. files in atv maf2k8, you cant import avi files to itunes either. what you can do is use handbrake or toast or isquint to convert all your avi files to mp4 format. the downside is it will take quite a while to convert 100 movies but good luck anyway.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help