Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkestWall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I own a Macbook Pro 15" i5 2.53 GHz model.

So far it has been a great laptop, but while playing this game-
http://www.digminigames.com/titanic-kungfubot-offensive/

I've been getting ridicolous amounts of lag recently. It worked fine a day or two ago, but recently its been around 3 seconds between when I push a button and the execution of the button in the game.

It works fine with my Lenovo (i3) laptop which is using wifi too, so I don't know what it is.

It's just one game, but I've also heard a "click" from my laptop occasionally for a while now. I heard this could be my harddrive going, so thats why it worries me.

Any ideas to see what the problem is and how to fix it?

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
I own a Macbook Pro 15" i5 2.53 GHz model.

So far it has been a great laptop, but while playing this game-
http://www.digminigames.com/titanic-kungfubot-offensive/

I've been getting ridicolous amounts of lag recently. It worked fine a day or two ago, but recently its been around 3 seconds between when I push a button and the execution of the button in the game.

It works fine with my Lenovo (i3) laptop which is using wifi too, so I don't know what it is.

It's just one game, but I've also heard a "click" from my laptop occasionally for a while now. I heard this could be my harddrive going, so thats why it worries me.

Any ideas to see what the problem is and how to fix it?

Did you run disk utility?

Did you delete the flash cache folder?
(~Library/Preferences/Macromedia)

Cheers

DarkestWall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Did you run disk utility?

Did you delete the flash cache folder?
(~Library/Preferences/Macromedia)

Cheers

When you say delete the flash cache folder in the preferences do you mean delete the whole "Flash Player" folder within Macromedia?

I tried running disk utility to verify and repair the disk permissions, but it hasn't helped.

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
When you say delete the flash cache folder in the preferences do you mean delete the whole "Flash Player" folder within Macromedia?

I tried running disk utility to verify and repair the disk permissions, but it hasn't helped.

I would or you can look inside the folder there should be a folder called shared objects with a bunch of folders inside of it that have website names these are cached items from Flash you could try just removing the ones for the website/s in question. (In either case simply drag the item to the trash wait to empty the trash till after you confirm that this fixes the problem.)

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.