Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best way to follow the news?

• Through its site (Safari)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dedicated application

• RSS Reader

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Social Networks (Twitter/Facebook etc. )

• Other aggregator

• Total voters

sublimeguide

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Hello,
currently i am using Reeder RS reader for keeping me updated with the news, but since i have subscribed to a lot of feeds that seems to be updated pretty often i get to scan through around around 500 articles from around 130 feeds. Some technology, some regular news, local, video, fun etc. And since on the ipad i certainly wouldn't be able to keep open more than 20 browser tabs to check em out what would be your recommendation for making it more efficient and less time consuming? I am asking because for now i don't have time for testing and evaluating the time needed with different methods. I rely on your experience on this one. Probably unsubscribe from big news feeds which update it too often and visit the regular sites for the big sources? Or maybe use pulse for stacking several sources and briefly checking it out(by the way i don't like pulse very much since i am not able to "star" it etc. and that is one of my favorite functions of google reader - to make stand out some articles which i really like and check em out some time later) ? Probably unsub from cheezeburger network feeds... ? I really want to make the thing more efficient and at the same time to keep the level of information going through me.
Also i don;t see the social networks as a better option...to unorganized for me and twitter/facebook updated can be added as a feed too.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.