Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:15 PM   #1
b.almendarez
macrumors newbie

Is there a way to change iPhone4 fonts/font sizes without "jail-breaking?"

The font just looks bigger[wider] to me than on my iPhone[3GS] like on my text messages. The text looks bigger and I would like to make it smaller somehow. I don't want to go through all the jail-breaking, because I'm aware that it could potentially ruin my phone.. Is there a way that I could change the font or make it appear smaller without all of the hassle? Jail-breaking really is doing the most when I only want to just change the font/font size.

Thank you.
b.almendarez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:16 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Not globally. But some apps will allow you to adjust the font size, but not many of them.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
ann713
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.almendarez View Post
The font just looks bigger[wider] to me than on my iPhone[3GS] and I would like to make it smaller somehow. I don't want to go through all the jail-breaking, because I'm aware that it could potentially ruin my phone.. Is there a way that I could change the font or make it appear smaller without all of the hassle? Jail-breaking really is doing the most when I only want to just change the font/font size.

Thank you.
Are you sure its not because of the retina display, making the text sharper thus appearing smaller?
ann713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:24 PM   #4
acfusion29
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to acfusion29
if anything.. the font looks bigger to me on the 3GS because the display isn't as sharp...
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:41 PM   #5
eastercat
macrumors 68040

JB can't ruin your phone. You can always recover from a JB. However, since there is no jb for 4.3 right now, this is currently a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.almendarez View Post
The font just looks bigger[wider] to me than on my iPhone[3GS] like on my text messages. The text looks bigger and I would like to make it smaller somehow. I don't want to go through all the jail-breaking, because I'm aware that it could potentially ruin my phone.. Is there a way that I could change the font or make it appear smaller without all of the hassle? Jail-breaking really is doing the most when I only want to just change the font/font size.

Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:19 AM   #6
vincenz
macrumors 601

I love how you squished and minimized your font to state your point too
vincenz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone