Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missmiseryxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
It seems that when I click on songs and delete them in itunes it isnt freeing up any space on my computer, so when looking through everything again the songs are still stored in folders on the mac. Is there an easy easy to delete these without having to sift through thousands of music folders?

missmiseryxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I'm highlighting numerous files at a time, and clicking delete... im not being given an option to move to trash [which i have seen before] and now i'm pretty mad because the ones i've already deleted are not going to show up in itunes but are still on my computer

missmiseryxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Im in itunes clicked on the library folder and deleted from there... isnt that where i'm supposed to be deleting from? =X

Lola M

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2008
California, USA
Hm...if you are in library music then you are right. And you restarted your computer too? Sometimes restart does miracles. Dont know what to tell you. Let me do some digging, maybe Ill come up with something.
Try Try hitting option-delete instead of just the delete key.

Last edited:

missmiseryxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Nevermind i figured it out, my itunes wasnt set up to "my music" it was set up to itunes media or something but one i changed it it gives me the option everytime

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.