Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afortner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Ok. I posted awhile back about my powerbook having problems bending. It started with the trim slightly bulging on the front right corner. Then, I am assuming because of this first bend, the corner of the battery started bending out. I have known of this happening with other people's computers, so I decided to finally send it in to apple for "repair."

I assumed it would be taken care of... since it was no faul of my own. Really. I treat the thing like a small child, always in it's sleeve when I am not using it, never dropped it, and carried in a computer bag. I can not think of anything that I could have possibly done to cause this problem.

The Apple support people put the problem on me, saying it had to be "forced" into the position that it was in. Implying that it was dropped.

What now?!?! I am pretty peeved with the apple support. They blamed me like I was a child playing catch with it in my free time. I wanted to see ig anyone has had a simular problem? With the battery bending, through no fault of your own. Did you have luck with the support people?

They are sending it back right now, because I have NO money to pay for it to get fixed, and it is not something that I feel I should have to fix.

LOL- this was mostly a rant> I am looking for a little hope from someone out there who has had this problem fixed.

Thanks for any advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.