Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:15 AM   #1
pjny
macrumors 6502

How to move files to another folder using Automator?

Hi,

I'm using MBP 13" OSX 10.6.6 and would like an automator script/action that can automatically move images from one directory to another directory without any prompts.

How can I do this? I tried a script on web but it didn't work. It's something like this but I don't want it prompting for a destination folder. I want to have the destination folder as "Exported" and source folder as "Working". Both are on the desktop.

Thanks.

on run {input, parameters}
set theFolder to choose folder with prompt "Select destination folder" without invisibles
tell application "Finder" to move input to theFolder
return input
end run
pjny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X