Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
For some reason my contacts list in Outlook disappeared. How can I export the contacts list from my Iphone 4 back to Outlook. I originally imported that same file from Outlook to the Iphone. I don't want to be hooking up the Iphone for a sync and Itunes decides to erase all my contacts from the Iphone..

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
When you sync, click on merge when it asks. You might want to add one contact to Outlook just to make sure it gives you the merge option. Also, sync your contacts to GMail before doing this, so you have them online, just in case.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
When you sync, click on merge when it asks. You might want to add one contact to Outlook just to make sure it gives you the merge option. Also, sync your contacts to GMail before doing this, so you have them online, just in case.
Thanks for your reply.
I actually did export the contact file over to Gmail. It took all of 30 seconds and I like the way it looks. I just may use that list for my contacts and ignore Outlook as I don't like using any Microsoft programs for the Internet. I can't believe how difficult it has been trying to get a Csv file into Outlook. I have a Txt file and a Csv file with all the contact information and I can't get it into Outlook. Another reason I'm thinking of switching totally to Mac!
I'll try the merge as you suggested and let you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.