Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 16, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1
zirosky
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Working at an Apple store

Hello,

I will have my 3rd interview for working as a specialist at the apple store in france. I wanted to know which are the benefits for a specialist. I guess you have no mac/iphone/ipad for free right (not even for my birthday ? )? But a discount (20%?) for a limited time only?

And what they do with "old" devices no more sold: for example the iphone 5 when the 5S was out? They can be bought by employees with a discount or they are sent to apple?!

thank you
zirosky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Mr Rabbit
macrumors 6502a
 
Mr Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 'merica
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirosky View Post
Hello,

I will have my 3rd interview for working as a specialist at the apple store in france. I wanted to know which are the benefits for a specialist. I guess you have no mac/iphone/ipad for free right (not even for my birthday ? )? But a discount (20%?) for a limited time only?

And what they do with "old" devices no more sold: for example the iphone 5 when the 5S was out? They can be bought by employees with a discount or they are sent to apple?!

thank you
No free devices although depending on your position you will sometimes get free NFR (not for resale) software before a major release. For instance, I remember getting Snow Leopard two days before it's official release since I was in a position where I would both support it and train others on my team to support it.

I forget the exact discounts but I do recall they are available on your first day. They changed the program a year or two ago so that it's now a flat $250 off of an iPad or $500 off of a Mac (I'm sure the mini is excluded). 25% off sounds about right for AppleCare and other Apple devices (not iPhone) and accessories.

Old devices are sent back to Apple, either for refurbishment (unlikely) or to be destroyed & recycled (much more likely). Someone would be in deep trouble if they sold a previously Apple owned device. It seems like it would be a great idea and much better for the environment but Apple seems to be nutty about destroying anything that's no longer of use in it's retail stores.
Mr Rabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:02 AM   #3
zirosky
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
And is there any gift for employees for birthday and/or Christmas?
zirosky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Mr Rabbit
macrumors 6502a
 
Mr Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 'merica
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirosky View Post
And is there any gift for employees for birthday and/or Christmas?
Birthdays no though that may be on a store to store basis.

Christmas, sometimes. Usually something small like a water bottle or blanket.
Mr Rabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 05:47 PM   #5
zirosky
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rabbit View Post
Birthdays no though that may be on a store to store basis.

Christmas, sometimes. Usually something small like a water bottle or blanket.
water bottle for christmas? shah are you kidding?
zirosky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Mr Rabbit
macrumors 6502a
 
Mr Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 'merica
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirosky View Post
water bottle for christmas? shah are you kidding?
Or nothing
Mr Rabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 04:46 PM   #7
TWO2SEVEN
macrumors Demi-God
 
TWO2SEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirosky View Post
water bottle for christmas? shah are you kidding?
What were you expecting?
__________________
Two2seveN
Twitter: @nickramato
Instagram: @Amato27
TWO2SEVEN is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 05:02 PM   #8
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 65816
 
TheAppleFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 岩手県
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO2SEVEN View Post
What were you expecting?


The company I work for has given me a birthday card for my last two birthdays, and last xmas they gave me a little tin of cookies, and the year before a tiny box of chocolates.

That's the most I have ever gotten (and more than I ever expected) from the companies I worked for in my 20 years in the work force.
TheAppleFairy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2013, 05:17 PM   #9
TWO2SEVEN
macrumors Demi-God
 
TWO2SEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFairy View Post
The company I work for has given me a birthday card for my last two birthdays, and last xmas they gave me a little tin of cookies, and the year before a tiny box of chocolates.

That's the most I have ever gotten (and more than I ever expected) from the companies I worked for in my 20 years in the work force.
That's more than I have gotten
__________________
Two2seveN
Twitter: @nickramato
Instagram: @Amato27
TWO2SEVEN is online now   3 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working at the Apple Store AppleGoat Community Discussion 31 Jul 1, 2014 07:40 PM
apple store working with my apple products but not my pc damixt iPhone 0 Sep 14, 2012 03:16 AM
Apple Store App is working i-John iPhone 2 Sep 14, 2012 03:15 AM
Apple Education Store not Working? lazer155 MacBook Pro 2 Jul 18, 2012 12:21 AM
Anyone working at an Apple Store as a Creative? fig Design and Graphics 0 Jun 20, 2012 04:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC