Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:59 PM   #1251
DentTheUniverse
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MignDallas View Post
I was going to wait to setup my telephone line until I recieved the equipment but decided to go ahead and set it up. Turns out that it takes a couple of days to actually set up the line on their end.... So for those waiting go ahead and set it up otherwise it might be after we start on the 10th. The soonest that they will be able to turn it on will be the 7th which is just 3 days before my training begins.

----------

Also for those in the Dallas Area I had to go to 2 stores for the I-9 Verification First I went to the store in Northpark Mall but the Manager their said that he couldn't because I needed my Social Security card that my permanent resident card wasn't enough. Then I went to the store on Knox and spoke to G one of the managers and he said that it shouldn't be a problem and went ahead and verified and called them and everything went well. Apple sent me the email with the shipping label and sent it to them on Thursday, just waiting now for them to contact me with more information.
I sent my paper work in on the exact same day. Who did you end up using ofr telephone?
DentTheUniverse is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:59 PM   #1252
VA-Enthusiast
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjbuckeyes View Post
Can anyone give me some possible interview questions please
For an easier way to locate previous postings with interview questions, you may want to use the "search forums" feature and search with keywords, i.e., "interview questions," "interview," or "questions." Just some examples. That should get you what you need a little faster. I did! Good luck!
VA-Enthusiast is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:04 PM   #1253
mistatnn
macrumors newbie

So im assuming the next email/info I get after the Apple MyPage setup would be shipping information for the iMac. Its already Tuesday. Pretty much only have 4 more days
mistatnn is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1254
MignDallas
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentTheUniverse View Post
I sent my paper work in on the exact same day. Who did you end up using ofr telephone?
I have AT&T for Uverse Internet so I just added a landline with them the only thing is that its a seperate bill because a Uverse account cant have a basic landline idk.. but its only 24 a month so as long as it works I'm happy
MignDallas is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1255
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

Well after reading this thread I went and applied for about 10 positions and a week went by with no bites from Apple so I made another Apple ID last night and tried again. I hope I haven't missed the boat. I see a few members from Dallas have had some luck so far.
EstaVidaLoca is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:16 PM   #1256
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistatnn View Post
So im assuming the next email/info I get after the Apple MyPage setup would be shipping information for the iMac. Its already Tuesday. Pretty much only have 4 more days
I wish I knew. I haven't heard anything and yeah, there's pretty much 3 1/2 business days left. If no word by Thurs. AM I'll probably contact my training manager.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:18 PM   #1257
MignDallas
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstaVidaLoca View Post
Well after reading this thread I went and applied for about 10 positions and a week went by with no bites from Apple so I made another Apple ID last night and tried again. I hope I haven't missed the boat. I see a few members from Dallas have had some luck so far.
Which ones did you apply for? I only applied for the ones in Dallas, Frisco, and somehow I accidently applied for one in Hoover, Alabama.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
I wish I knew. I haven't heard anything and yeah, there's pretty much 3 1/2 business days left. If no word by Thurs. AM I'll probably contact my training manager.
They said that they would start calling us either Thursday or Friday so hopefully they'll email us also.
MignDallas is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:38 PM   #1258
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

[QUOTE=MignDallas;15584352]Which ones did you apply for? I only applied for the ones in Dallas, Frisco, and somehow I accidently applied for one in Hoover, Alabama.[COLOR="#808080"]

I applied for Dallas, Houston, Austin, Frisco, McAllen, San Antonio, Tulsa, OKC, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, Memphis, and one or two more.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 05:04 PM   #1259
mistatnn
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MignDallas View Post
Which ones did you apply for? I only applied for the ones in Dallas, Frisco, and somehow I accidently applied for one in Hoover, Alabama.

----------

They said that they would start calling us either Thursday or Friday so hopefully they'll email us also.
Im hoping to hear something maybe tomorrow. Id hate for something to go wrong with the post office and my equip doesnt show up. I should have recorded the phone meeting I had :-/

Btw, am I the only one thats been on the MyPage site over and over getting more excited?!?! Lol. Its not even much available to look at on there right now but still

Last edited by mistatnn; Sep 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
mistatnn is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1260
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Im hoping to hear something maybe tomorrow. Id hate for something to go wrong with the posting and my equip doesnt show up. I should have recorded the phone meeting I had :-/

Btw, am I the only one thats been on the MyPage site over and over getting more excited?!?! Lol. Its not even much available to look at on there right now but still
I've visited a few times and read everything over but excited? Not really but I've been there and done that with everyone from Compuserve to Oracle. It's just another tech support job, albeit one I can do from home.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1261
Sjbuckeyes
macrumors regular

So happy . Got the call from the recruiter a d moved on to another interview tomorrow. FaceTime interview. I hope this is a good sign!!!!
Sjbuckeyes is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:00 PM   #1262
DentTheUniverse
macrumors member

Quote:
So happy . Got the call from the recruiter a d moved on to another interview tomorrow. FaceTime interview. I hope this is a good sign!!!!
Awesome! Great news!
DentTheUniverse is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1263
Sjbuckeyes
macrumors regular

So I should, from what I've read, expect about the same with the FaceTime interview?
Sjbuckeyes is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1264
SCIONTX
macrumors regular

Quote:
So I should, from what I've read, expect about the same with the FaceTime interview?
I would have answers prepared for the questions that appear in this thread. During the interview you'll be better able to focus on being personable, energetic, and sounding natural. Instead of stumbling over answers because your mind went blank from nerves and anxiety.

Edit: Your goal is for the interviewer to tell you that they're recommending you continue to the next stage. Don't give them any reason not to feel good about you in this position.

Last edited by SCIONTX; Sep 4, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
SCIONTX is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:37 PM   #1265
gypsee
macrumors newbie

Anybody know which size iMac they are providing? Would help to know in order to get the office space ready..... Also, do they provide a headset?
gypsee is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1266
SCIONTX
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsee View Post
Anybody know which size iMac they are providing? Would help to know in order to get the office space ready..... Also, do they provide a headset?
The one Kelly provides is 21.5 inches. I assume it's the same with Apple. You'll receive a phone and headset.
SCIONTX is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1267
sk2bbb
macrumors regular

do yall think you need a valid drivers license for the i-9 form and background check? mine expired like 2 weeks ago and i need to pay some fees to renew it
sk2bbb is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1268
SCIONTX
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2bbb View Post
do yall think you need a valid drivers license for the i-9 form and background check? mine expired like 2 weeks ago and i need to pay some fees to renew it
You'll need proof of identification and proof of right to work in the US. Expired stuff probably won't suffice. Do you have a passport? That covers both things.

Edit: This tells you what documents meet the requirements for the I-9: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Last edited by SCIONTX; Sep 4, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
SCIONTX is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1269
mistatnn
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2bbb View Post
My license is suspended lol and I had no problems. I used my passport
mistatnn is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1270
sk2bbb
macrumors regular

Quote:
My license is suspended lol and I had no problems. I used my passport
i think i read you can still use your license if it's suspended as long as the expiration date hasn't set in yet

and i don't have a passport lol

*EDIT* just tried to renew my regular ID card online and it allows me to, i wonder if they'll let me use the temporary printable ID card while I await the ID card in the mail

Last edited by sk2bbb; Sep 4, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
sk2bbb is offline   0
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:46 PM   #1271
zombiemom
macrumors member

Has anyone been working a while?
What do you think of the job? Stressful? Or do you love it?
zombiemom is offline   0
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1272
Pilot DC
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstaVidaLoca View Post
I'm in Wylie, and have 3rd interview on thursday.
Pilot DC is offline   0
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:34 AM   #1273
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot DC View Post
I'm in Wylie, and have 3rd interview on thursday.
Hopefully I'll get a questionnaire sometime soon.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1274
acj757
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIONTX View Post
Received email to schedule New Hire Paperwork Session for 9/6. 9/24 training class.
I'm in the 9/6 paper work session, 9/24 training class too. See you there!
acj757 is offline   0
Old Sep 5, 2012, 06:59 AM   #1275
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemom View Post
Has anyone been working a while?
What do you think of the job? Stressful? Or do you love it?
There are a few posts on glassdooor.com from AHA reps but I haven't seen any posts on this forum from people that are actively working at home advisers. And there is no exact answer to your question anyway. Each person has their own personality, job likes and dislikes and job perspective. I've had tech support jobs that I've loved and some that I really disliked. The ones that I liked always provided unique challenges and the ones that I disliked were the ones that turned into production line work. I certainly hope the iOS support job does not turn into the latter but I'm already resigned to the fact that there are going to be a slew of internet connection issues. If you want to get taste for what people are going to ask, just go through some of the iPhone and iPad troubleshooting threads on this forum and other mac forums, especially at apple.com

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion