Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I thought Lion was really stable, so installed it on all my Macs. In fact, Lion is going to be great. So i've re-installed 10.6.7 10J869 on my Mac mini and discovered:
- Snow Leopard really is fast and super stable, speed not a reason to use Lion currently
- Lion really is quite buggy, especially Safari and server features and some Finder features and graphics drivers as well.
- Wifi on Lion is patchy, unreliable and weak in comparison to SL
- Lion's features work better with a MB/MBP/magic trackpad, rather than a (magic) mouse currently.

So Lion can stay on my MBP (for now). Anyway, I can't wait for Lion, but my Mac mini is sticking with SL.

brijazz

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
This is why Lion is still listed as being a Developer Preview. It's not meant for general use at this point.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
This is why Lion is still listed as being a Developer Preview. It's not meant for general use at this point.

Exactly.

"Hey guys, I installed a Developer Preview of an un-released OS to use as my full-time server environment, then was disappointed that it wasn't as stable as my current 18 month-old, 6 point-update matured server OS."

Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering why this needed a post/why was it surprising to you at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.