Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:20 PM   #1
NightFox
macrumors 68000

MobileMe email - Illegal host/domain name found

have a bit of an odd problem with MobileMe email in that sometimes emails to one particular email address bounce back undelivered with 'Illegal host/domain name found'. The email address is a perfectly valid one, and sometimes the emails sent from my iPhone are delivered fine. I never have a problem sending to this email from my Mac, although this uses a different SMTP account than the MobileMe one which makes me think the problem is with MobileMe.

Here's the full error message for an email I sent to two email addresses, mail@xxxxxx.com being the problem one and mail@yyyyyy.com being a different one (though both recipient email addresses are hosted on the same server). The message to xxxxxx bounced but the yyyyyy one was delivered fine.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: mail@xxxxxx.com
Reason: Illegal host/domain name found

Original-envelope-id: 0LIC0036DUVGMK40@asmtp029.mac.com
Reporting-MTA: dns;asmtp029-bge351000.mac.com (tcp-daemon)
Arrival-date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 05:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

Original-recipient: rfc822;mail@xxxxxx.com
Final-recipient: rfc822;mail@xxxxxx.com
Action: failed

Date: 20 March 2011 12:04:24 GMT
To: P---- J---- <mail@xxxxxx.com>, S---- J---- <mail@yyyyyy.com>
Subject: Hi!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services