Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doteyes9

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2007
Well then, I hope this doesn't mean they're going to be lazy and just piggyback off of T-Mobile's 4G infrastructure and never go through with building their LTE network. Might be a good time to jump ship to Verizon if Apple were to release an LTE iPhone

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
American cell/mobile/handy service is already horrible on a global level. I can't imagine that reducing the competition will help at all.

I weep even more for the digital consumer in the US :(

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
Does anyone know how this will improve AT&Ts coverage and network?

When our cell towers combine! lol :D:D:D:D

captain-planet-1.jpg

CQd44

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2009
Edinburg, Texas
Also, T-Mobile doesn't require a tethering plan to tether if the phone comes with the option. I don't want that option to disappear!

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Well then, I hope this doesn't mean they're going to be lazy and just piggyback off of T-Mobile's 4G infrastructure and never go through with building their LTE network. Might be a good time to jump ship to Verizon if Apple were to release an LTE iPhone
You have no idea what you are blathering about.

T-Mobile USA has a nice HSPA+ network. However, HSPA+ is not technically 4G, it's more like 3.5G. T-Mobile USA does not have any allocated spectrum for 4G (LTE or WiMax). They were in a bit of a quandary because of this.

Verizon and Sprint already had 4G spectrum (the 700MHz frequency freed up by the FCC when the transition from analog television broadcast to digital). AT&T lost out to Verizon during the government's auction, but later acquired 700Mhz 4G frequencies from Qualcomm.

goodwilldrums

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
Oklahoma City
So I guess there will be no more of those annoying att bashing tmobile ads from that chick in the pink dress with the shirtless iphone user?!

Those are pretty annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.