Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Just noticed this today on a three day old iPad2...check the photo, and you'll see some Pixelation discoloration, almost as if I was using photo booth, and had the infrared (or whatever it's called) effect on. This is a screenshot taken, while using the Camera app. I noticed this happening with both cameras, which leads me to believe it's a software issue...anyone else seeing this? My BlackBerry did this at times, however a fresh OS install fixed the issue. Thx

photo.PNG

photo.PNG

Last edited:

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Where was your focus on the first pic? If it was like the second picture, and you had the focus on the dark brown sofa, then that might be the problem, you are focusing on a very dark area causing the brights to be blown...

Also, on the second picture, it seems as if your finger was blocking part of the camera...

Not sure if that is the case, but if you are ever at the same place, try to focus at the bright sings and see is the same thing happens.

Hope you can figure it out...

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
I didn't set a focus in the first photo. In the second photo, I clicked to focus just to see if the issue would recreate itself. It was flickering on and off in both scenarios. I just happened to catch a screenshot just in time. A reboot solved the issue, and haven't seen it happen again since.

Whozown

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
This happened to me as well when I first unboxed my iPad, however it only happened a couple of times on the first day. I've never had the issue again nor have I been able to make it happen. And this was on launch day so it was before the 4.3.1 update. Kinda just fixed itself.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Gotcha - like I said, after a reboot, haven't seen the issue again. Also haven't had a chance to upgrade to 4.3.1

This is definately a software glitch though, which has probably been addressed in 4.3.1

This happened to me as well when I first unboxed my iPad, however it only happened a couple of times on the first day. I've never had the issue again nor have I been able to make it happen. And this was on launch day so it was before the 4.3.1 update. Kinda just fixed itself.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
I meant to follow up on this a few weeks ago - the issue HAS reappeared...that iPad went back for light bleeding, but noticed my replacement iPad also had this camera issue, as well as even more excessive light bleed. It only seems to happen once I'm every 10 or so shots...I don't use the camera much to take photos, so I can live with this. Just ashamed at apple for the poor QC.

So. A month on, has your issue reappeared? I have this on a one day old iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.