Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

094944-ios_updating_is_easy.jpg

BGR reports that Apple is set to release iOS 4.3.1 within the next "one to two weeks", bringing several bug fixes for latest version of Apple's operating system for mobile devices.Here are the changes from iOS 4.3:

- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility [sic]There is no word from the report's source on whether iOS 4.3.1 will also come to the CDMA iPhone, which has remained on iOS 4.2.6.

BGR has generally offered accurate information about iOS releases in recent months, although the site was off by a day in its claims of an early iOS 4.3 release.

Article Link: iOS 4.3.1 Due Within Two Weeks?

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Great, every time I update my iPhone, I have nothing but problems.

I eventually have to restore my phone multiple time before getting it to work. I just updated to 4.3 and after hours of screwing with it, it finally works now. I didn't want to update again so soon.

Apple really needs to update iTunes & the whole firmware update process.

sasasule

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Netherlands
Lets see what type of problems will this update bring.

they fix one hole but they dig out new one and like that in circle

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

I eventually have to restore my phone multiple time before getting it to work. I just updated to 4.3 and after hours of screwing with it, it finally works now. I didn't want to update again so soon.

I never have problems when I upgrade my iPhone. Out of curiosity do you sync with iTunes on OS/X or Windows?

Skater1405

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
Hopefully this fix for the springboard issue comes soon. Whenever I turn my iPod off and back on the lockscreen is frozen for three minutes, then it'll respring . :rolleyes:

In addition to that problem, I have that graphics issue on my 4th gen iPod and the battery drainage. After an hour of watching TV on it (in the vlc app) my iPod is about to die. -____-

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
"- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility [sic]"

Ah, the cat and mouse game continues... LOL.

Jail breakers won't be stopped ( which is a good thing ).

ghostlyorb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
Virginia, USA

Sorry to hear that.. But I never have problems when I have updated my iPhones... iPod touches... Or anything.

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
As much fun as I'm sure 4.3.1 is, I think I gotta skip all future updates. My 3G already locks up half the time, I can't imagine upgrades making that better. :(

logandzwon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
There is absolutely no reason to "fix jailbreak hole" on an iPad or iPod. I can understand the issues with why an iPhone and iPad 3G needs patching, but it bothers me greatly when they go out of their way to disable jailbreaks on non-cellular devices.

fullstop102

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
As much fun as I'm sure 4.3.1 is, I think I gotta skip all future updates. My 3G already locks up half the time, I can't imagine upgrades making that better. :(

There probably wont be anymore updates for the 3G anyway. It is now in the same class as the original iPhone. This update is for 3GS and above

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
4.3 has made my iPhone 4 laggy beyond belief, even navigating the homescreens has slowed down, like I was using an iPhone 3G

Mistrblank

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
"Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2"

I don't have a system with the gyroscope yet (iPad2 on the way though!!). What does the gyroscope do with the Springboard?

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2003
There is absolutely no reason to "fix jailbreak hole" on an iPad or iPod. I can understand the issues with why an iPhone and iPad 3G needs patching, but it bothers me greatly when they go out of their way to disable jailbreaks on non-cellular devices.

You do realize the "jailbreak hole" is a security vulnerability right?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
4.3 has made my iPhone 4 laggy beyond belief, even navigating the homescreens has slowed down, like I was using an iPhone 3G

+1

I want the "new feeling" back for my iPhone 4. With each update, my iphone seems to slow down more and more. It almost feels as slow as my old 3G when 3.x updates were coming out. For God's sake, this is the current iPhone, it should not feel laggy like it's last years model. And I really, really want my camera app to be able to open up immediately upon clicking the icon, not 10 seconds later. And after it is open, I remember being able to rip-off pic after pic in a rapid-fire manner. But, not anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.