Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
ok, so i have a rev a 12" powerbook, and i use a Maxtor 160gig External drive as my main drive (long story) but i only have one firewire port on my powerbook, now i know i can daisy chain and use an iPod thorugh the firewire port on the Maxtor, but how safe is it to use an iSight? i know it will work, i tried, but are there andy potential problems or any reasons as to why i shouldn't do this?

thanks
~Tim

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
PlaceofDis said:
ok, so i have a rev a 12" powerbook, and i use a Maxtor 160gig External drive as my main drive (long story) but i only have one firewire port on my powerbook, now i know i can daisy chain and use an iPod thorugh the firewire port on the Maxtor, but how safe is it to use an iSight? i know it will work, i tried, but are there andy potential problems or any reasons as to why i shouldn't do this?

thanks
~Tim
None that I can think of other than you just made the wire longer, and if you are accessinig the drive at the same time, you might get slower transfer of files while the iSite is on, or dropped frames.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
varmit said:
None that I can think of other than you just made the wire longer, and if you are accessinig the drive at the same time, you might get slower transfer of files while the iSite is on, or dropped frames.

i dont mind slower frame rates, i really want to use it for Delicious Library, so i just want to be sure that it will be okay, i dont want to mess things up big time thats all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.