Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1
AWalkerStudios
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to AWalkerStudios
Uninstalling Lion and restoring from timemachine

Alright so I made the mistake of installing lion on my macbook pro and would like to uninstall and restore from my time machine back up. Only trouble is, can I restore from a time machine back up made while was running lion? Or am I going to have to revert back to a point before that? I'll be installing Snow Leopard from an install disc.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:14 PM   #2
mrapplegate
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWalkerStudios View Post
Alright so I made the mistake of installing lion on my macbook pro and would like to uninstall and restore from my time machine back up. Only trouble is, can I restore from a time machine back up made while was running lion? Or am I going to have to revert back to a point before that? I'll be installing Snow Leopard from an install disc.
I would think not, the lion time machine backups will be backing up lion system files. You would need to use a time machine or clone of the snow leopard since you want to revert back to that OS.

Last edited by mrapplegate; Mar 21, 2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: more clarity
mrapplegate is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion