Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nihao1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
If I were to line up tomorrow AM to get an ipad in a mall-based apple store, where would you suggest lining up? at the entrance closest to the store? do some malls open up early for the event? obviously it differs greatly from mall to mall, but what have been your experiences?

Thanks.

AJayAgliolio

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
At my mall, people line up at the doors closest to the Apple Store... On Sunday morning, a few sneaky individuals actually went to the security entrance and were permitted to wait inside the mall hours before the other doors were opened... they just had to sign in with the security guard.

PurpleSauce

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
At my mall, people line up at the doors closest to the Apple Store... On Sunday morning, a few sneaky individuals actually went to the security entrance and were permitted to wait inside the mall hours before the other doors were opened... they just had to sign in with the security guard.

were you at bridgewater by any chance? because these 2 homeless looking people did the same thing there. probably not a bad idea, maybe i'll try it for tonight.

AJayAgliolio

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
were you at bridgewater by any chance? because these 2 homeless looking people did the same thing there. probably not a bad idea, maybe i'll try it for tonight.

Lol... No, actually Park City Mall in Lancaster, PA. I also thought it was pretty clever once they told me how they got in, I wished I had thought of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.