Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flashkai

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
My ATV2 works perfectly well at home, this week I am on holiday and I decided that since I have free wifi in my accommodation I would take my ATV with me and AirPlay movies from my iPad. The free wifi works fine with my iPad and iPhone but when I first opened up the browser window I had to register my name and accept some terms on each device before I could browse. The problem I have is that I can connect to the wifi with my ATV but I do not have a browser to register and accept the terms so AirPlay will not work, does anyone have any idea how I might get around this and start airplaying?

The provider of the wifi is globalsuite.net for reference.

Kai

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Not sure if I can help your current situation but in the future if you take a small portable router like an Airport Express with you, it eliminates the problem you're seeing.

The router is given an IP address from the hotel's connection and creates its own local network for all your devices. And in that setup, you only need to use either your iPhone or iPad to register and accept the terms and then ALL of your devices will have internet access. As far as the hotel's router is concerned, you only have one device connected which is the Airport Express.

This setup is perfect for travel and hotels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.