Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Mar 21, 2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Chuchichan
macrumors 6502

How many devices can I sync to my iTunes account

Before I try to login tom the App store on other devices (family, friends) and share the apps that vie purchased, I'd like to confirm that I am actually allowed to share purchases.

For example, I've purchased the MLB at bat 2011 app for I believe $14.99. Can I simply login to the mac app store on any other device and confirm my account and purchase again and then device has full individual access to the app? I just want to make sure that I won't get billed again for it.

If I can do this, I was wondering why Apple would allow it and not restrict it to just one device. Also, once I login on another device, does that mean that the device will have full access to my account and can make purchases with it?

Thanks.
Chuchichan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:31 PM   #2
yankeesguy
macrumors newbie

Yes, I believe so. Why else would you be able to do it if they didn't want you to?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:44 PM   #3
callmemike20
macrumors 6502a

You can login to any iOS device and download your previous purchases at no cost. However, there is a problem if you try to install it on a device that isn't yours.

If you login to a friend's or family member's iOS device and download At Bat 2011 (or any other app), they will have full access to the app. This works even if you logout and they login to their own accounts. The PROBLEM is when an update to the app comes out or they delete it by accident and can't reinstall it. Since it's not part of their apple account, they cannot sync it to iTunes. If they try to redownload it, they will have to purchase it on their account. Also, they will not receive any updates unless you let they stay logged into your account.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps