Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
OK I think now that the true world problems have taken centerstage, and the iPad 2 isn't getting as much coverage anymore, Apple should start shipping some of these out to customers who have ordered online vs than the regular retail channels. True that they will sell them no matter where they send it to, but seeing all the craze and passionate desire that Apple drummed up for these things either in person or on these forums is a bit much. I know a lot of people here who has ordered on the first day and still haven't received their orders, while stores are getting shipments (and yes going to people who are reselling, but more power to them as Apple is the only one to blame for the distribution of the devices).

You read stories of folks calling every store constantly in their area, or speeding down to the stores if they see it in stock online, or people tracking down what FedEx flight they're coming in from China. It's a bit extreme.

Yes, the iPad is great, but so many people including myself has been caught up in the craze, that we all know when we get our iPads and after a week of playing we'll all feel a bit empty and starts to think "what now?"... but Apple won't keep us feeling that way for long, the iPhone 5 will be just around the corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.