Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Just picked up a 15" incase neoprene plus sleeve for my 2011 15" MBP. Quite disappointed since it's not snug at all. I had an incase sleeve before for my blackbook and that was perfect.

I'm looking for a snug fitting sleeve that will fit in a Incase Compact Backpack. The incase sleeve i just bought barely fit with the side bunching/squeezing up.

Any suggestions?

I would like the booq vyper but that may be a little on the thick side and I heard it's not a snug fit.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I would like the booq vyper but that may be a little on the thick side and I heard it's not a snug fit.
The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, it is a nice snug fit, so there's no sliding around inside it, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
VYP4s.jpg

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I've noticed you've mentioned this case on every thread.

Could you give me more insight on this? Do you use this on the 2011 MBP 15"?

I'm worried this will be loose inside. Also, how thick is it? Or how much bigger is it than the actually 15" MBP?

I need something very close to the size of my laptop so it can fit in my backpack compartment.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've noticed you've mentioned this case on every thread.

Could you give me more insight on this? Do you use this on the 2011 MBP 15"?

I'm worried this will be loose inside. Also, how thick is it? Or how much bigger is it than the actually 15" MBP?

I need something very close to the size of my laptop so it can fit in my backpack compartment.
booq sleeves fit the MBPs snugly. They have changed dimensions of their sleeves to accommodate changes in notebook dimensions. It won't be loose inside. The booq site shows you the exact outer dimensions of each sleeve.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
If your looking for something snug, I recommend an incase. they are thin and do the job of protecting my mac while its in my backpack.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
booq sleeves fit the MBPs snugly. They have changed dimensions of their sleeves to accommodate changes in notebook dimensions. It won't be loose inside. The booq site shows you the exact outer dimensions of each sleeve.

Thanks. Will take this into consideration. It might be a very tight fit in my backpack.

Any other suggestions?

tresnotas

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
i just got the booq today for my 15 inch mbp. it's quite nice and slick. i feel like the inside material could be a little thicker, and more shock absorbing but it's good enough if you won't be throwing your backpack/laptop all over the place. fits the laptop perfect. also fits perfect into my backpack laptop slot. recommended.

codymac

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Same here. I had both an Incase sleeve and a booq Vyper for my 13" so I picked up an Incase sleeve for the 15" the day it arrived.

I'm underwhelmed - the thing is pretty loose. It doesn't fit anywhere near as well as the 13" did.

I ordered booq for the 15" earlier today.

edifyingGerbil

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
The Vyper M3 looks slick but I'm not paying UK prices for it. I might ask a friend who will be visiting from America to get me one and I'll just reimburse him.

I normally kept my previous laptops (all plastic PC junk) in neoprene sleeves which I then stuffed into a backpack, but since my MBP is aluminium and nicer, I feel I should take better care of it.

amoergosum

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, it is a nice snug fit, so there's no sliding around inside it, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
VYP4s.jpg

Does Booqbags pay you? Each time there's a thread about protection you copy and paste that message...:)
Anyway...it's a GREAT bag.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does Booqbags pay you? Each time there's a thread about protection you copy and paste that message...:)
Anyway...it's a GREAT bag.
Ask the same question, I'll give you the same answer. There's only so many ways to say the same thing. And no, I'm not affiliated with or paid from any company but my own.

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
Burlington, Canada
I would go with the booq taipan as the vyper might be too thick for your needs. Neoprene is good enough protection especially if in a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incongruity

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010

I've purchased a sleevecase for every laptop I've owned since the powerbook g4 titanium - they're fantastic - very snug/form fitting and can easily travel in another bag or, if you go for the d-rings, it can be its own bag for light/quick travel (and then slide back into another bag for bigger trips).

I also have nothing but good things to say about that company's customer service - they've been consistently great over the years.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I just got the super thin and light weight suede sleeve for my 2011 15" MBP. I went with the vertical design model. The quality of the sleeve is great and the stitching looks strong. But i must say that this is defiantly a minimalist sleeve, there is basically no padding in this unit but that is what i wanted, i just wanted something that would not let the comp get scratched while in a bag.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/laptopsuedejacket/laptopsuedejacket.htm

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Right now it's a toss up between the:

Waterfields SF Bags Sleeve Case
Booq Vyper M
Booq Taipan

I'll be using this when I travel on planes and i'll have to take it out of my bag for checkpoints.

My biggest worry is that I'll have to order online (I'm from Canada) and if it doesn't fit in my bag it's going to be such a hassle.

darkeartg

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Just picked up a 15" incase neoprene plus sleeve for my 2011 15" MBP. Quite disappointed since it's not snug at all. I had an incase sleeve before for my blackbook and that was perfect.

I'm looking for a snug fitting sleeve that will fit in a Incase Compact Backpack. The incase sleeve i just bought barely fit with the side bunching/squeezing up.

Any suggestions?

buy an Tucano second skin. I skipped on the incase for exactly the same reason. I got it for my old macbook and loved it and this one is just as tight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.