Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:55 PM   #1
nickXedge
macrumors 6502

unjailbreak but not upgrade, cant find an answer

Hi all.

I just searched at length on Google and MRoogle and could not find a definitive solutions so I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered already.

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 jailbroken with green pois0n. I decided I would rather not be jailbroken. I don't want to upgrade to 4.3.

Is there a way for me to unjailbreak my iPhone without upgrading and also without losing App data? I only have legit Apple App Store apps (i.e. nothing cracked, never used installous or the like).

If I backup my jailbroken iPhone and then restore using that same backup, will it come back jailbroken still? Or does Apple filter that stuff out in the process?

As others have said I have Apps with plenty of data in them that I can't afford to lose, as well as games that I would like to preserve progress in.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:56 PM   #2
ECUpirate44
Banned

If you don't plan on rejailbreaking, why don't you want to update to 4.3?
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:57 PM   #3
nickXedge
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
If you don't plan on rejailbreaking, why don't you want to update to 4.3?
From what I've read, it's a mess. Also, it seems that if you've had a proximity sensor issue in the past, this revives it and I had it pretty bad, so I'm looking to avoid that until 4.3.1 comes out.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:03 PM   #4
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickXedge View Post
From what I've read, it's a mess. Also, it seems that if you've had a proximity sensor issue in the past, this revives it and I had it pretty bad, so I'm looking to avoid that until 4.3.1 comes out.
It's not a mess. The vast majority of iOS users are having no problems with 4.3. I've been running it from day one without an issue.

If you still want to stick with 4.2.1 you will need to make sure you have the SHSH blobs saved. (you probably do because you were jailbroken on 4.2.1) Then you need to download the 4.2.1 software, change the host file in /etc/ and then hold alt/option when you hit restore in itunes. I posted a guide below.

Windows Guide

Mac Guide
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:07 PM   #5
blueroom
macrumors 603

4.3 works just fine for me.
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Its not a mess, 4.3 works fine.
There's always going to be some people having issues with every build out there but they wont restore and setup as new to get rid of their bugs.
They either had a bad install/upgrade or something in their backup file is buggy.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks