Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
Judging by the lack of interest in this thread, I might make the trip up after work tomorrow. Reckon they'll have much stock? 30 minutes for me from Bridgend, but I don't finish work till 6... Probably all gone by the time I can get there.

odj310388

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
South West Wales
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone in the que yet then? :p

Edit: Bloody hell there are quite a few more people here than the first launch. :O

odj310388

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
South West Wales
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Nope not till 5pm. I arrived at 2:30 and I'd say I'm about the 200th person in the que by a quick head count.

alienvariety

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
Cardiff
I arrived at 6:00pm and all models were out of stock except for 16gb Black Wi-fi. Needless to say I left - the queue was still long and I was disappointed not to get my hands on a White 32 or 64gb model.

I must confess to some surprise about how rapidly they ran out of stock. I knew the demand was going to be phenomenal, but surely they must have known too, and allowed for that? I can only speculate that this looks good from a marketing perspective, that they sold out in an hour... From a consumer point of view though, this is immensely annoying. Especially given that the alternative - buying via the mac store - takes 2-3 weeks...

I have no doubt it'll be a great product, but what use is that if we can't get our hands on it?

Apple make such a massive deal out of every release date but they repeatedly fail to provide for the demand. It just seems like disorganisation...

Edmund0Dantes

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Cardiff
I got there about 10:30, and was in the late teens (possibly eatly twenties). Got my 32 Wifi White.

Long day, so much soi havent opened it.:eek:

alienvariety

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
Cardiff
Wow! That's dedication. You must have been so bored all day! Must admit, I'm really looking forward to getting my paws on one, bit sad i've missed the opportunity for now :(

odj310388

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
South West Wales

Got there around 2:30pm and through a quick head count could see I was about the 200th person in line. Overall when I left I could swear there had been at least 500 people there in the que. Got my 32gb wifi and case. Although no docks available at all?! What is going on there!?

Edmund0Dantes

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Cardiff
Wow! That's dedication. You must have been so bored all day! Must admit, I'm really looking forward to getting my paws on one, bit sad i've missed the opportunity for now :(

The first five hours went quite quickly :D. Nice group of people, so it wasnt like just being sat around fror ages doing bugger all. Plus being quite close to the front meana you know (more or less) that your geeting to get a really good stab at your firsrt choice :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.