Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and decided to finally register to share my experience tonight. So I was able to get an ipad 2 after reserving on saturday the 12th at my local bestbuy in Queens, NY. Got the call to pick up on Tuesday night and have been being oh so careful with the ipad till I can get a case.

Tonight I dropped by my local Bestbuy and lo and behold, there is an Incase Book Jacket for the IPAD 2. I picked it up and immediately did a search on here, goincase.com and google...and couldn't find anything on it. Does anyone else have this? UPC code is 5045011539. I wanted to get feedback on this case but it doesn't even seem to exist. ANYONE else have this?

In any event since it seems like I'm the first...it fits like a glove and is a lot better than the 1st version. The incase logo is all black. It has the garter on the outside and the soft signature wavy design on the inside. There is a small velcro tab that keeps the ipad in the pocket- so it doesn't fall down when in upright mode. All in all, pretty perfect to me. I'm pretty sure that this is what will replace the ones in the Apple stores as well. The box is gray and it specifically says Book Jacket for Ipad 2.

I don't know how to post pics yet but as soon as I post this I'll learn. :)

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and decided to finally register to share my experience tonight. So I was able to get an ipad 2 after reserving on saturday the 12th at my local bestbuy in Queens, NY. Got the call to pick up on Tuesday night and have been being oh so careful with the ipad till I can get a case.

Tonight I dropped by my local Bestbuy and lo and behold, there is an Incase Book Jacket for the IPAD 2. I picked it up and immediately did a search on here, goincase.com and google...and couldn't find anything on it. Does anyone else have this? UPC code is 5045011539. I wanted to get feedback on this case but it doesn't even seem to exist. ANYONE else have this?

In any event since it seems like I'm the first...it fits like a glove and is a lot better than the 1st version. The incase logo is all black. It has the garter on the outside and the soft signature wavy design on the inside. There is a small velcro tab that keeps the ipad in the pocket- so it doesn't fall down when in upright mode. All in all, pretty perfect to me. I'm pretty sure that this is what will replace the ones in the Apple stores as well. The box is gray and it specifically says Book Jacket for Ipad 2.

I don't know how to post pics yet but as soon as I post this I'll learn. :)

Please post pics. :D

Below the message box, in the "Additional Options" section there is a button to "Manage Attachments" and you can upload pics from there.

msk12

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Called my local Best Buy to see if they could find anything with that UPC, they couldn't. How much does it cost?

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Woops sorry here..

Attachments

• ipad 001.jpg
    ipad 001.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 907
  • ipad 002.jpg
    ipad 002.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 612
  • incase 001.jpg
    incase 001.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 787
  • incase 002.jpg
    incase 002.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 921
  • incase 004.jpg
    incase 004.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 716

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
and more..

Attachments

• incase 003.jpg
    incase 003.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 583
  • incase 005.jpg
    incase 005.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 689

kamusta1

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Which Best Buy in Queens did you find this case at?

On your receipt should be a 7 digit SKU for the item. Employees can search by that.

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
I would have love to see my Best Buy slip up like this. I had the Incase Magazine Jacket for my iPad 1 and can't wait till they release it for the iPad 2. Did they have anything else Incase for the iPad 2?

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Hi I guess this is the SKU: 2318055...good luck guys. Oh BTW, the sound comes out perfectly. Just pulled up netflix. Awesome.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I've constantly been checking the incase website to see if they had released a book like case like this, but all they've had is the neoprene sleeves which I don't want. I've wanted a case since launch, but of course all they had was the smart covers, which I purchased. It works well but I have to use the AppleSac sleeve case that I don't use for my MacBook Pro 13 inch to protect the iPad when I carry it in my backpack at school. So I really want this case. I wonder why it isn't on their website. That's odd. It seems like a neat case, but it does seem a little thick.

gwen1o

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Returning my leather smart cover tomorrow. Officially on the hunt for this cover. Thanks!!

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
It was pretty odd to me too, I even scanned the bar code with the shop savvy app and it prompted me to put in the item description because it didn't have one yet...I agree whats even weirder is that it's not even on the goincase website or anywhere else on the net. Well, my intent was to inform the members of the community of it's existence and hope that others can find it and stop walking on eggshells with their bare ipad 2's. I know the feeling. Now, if Power Support would hurry up, my Ipad 2 will be complete. BTW, no, the cover doesn't act like a smart cover.:)

peaceActivist

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
thanks best buy...milpitas.

kinda upset, i just called best buy and they said they had 7. I get there, theres nothing on the rack. I ask the girl I talked to and she says "we had 1..." I said what happened to that 7? She just kinda stared blank at me for a couple seconds and then put two and two together. Came home empty handed...another trip of wasted gas. Hunting tomorrow...

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks Jeff, I'm happy with the white...also made it easier to tell that I wasn't bluffing 'cause you know it's a 2 lol.

@Kamusta1 and everyone else...Northern Blvd BBY.

The thrill of the hunt. Exhilarating right?

peaceActivist

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks Jeff, I'm happy with the white...also made it easier to tell that I wasn't bluffing 'cause you know it's a 2 lol.

@Kamusta1 and everyone else...Northern Blvd BBY.

The thrill of the hunt. Exhilarating right?

yeah lol, i typically only go out when I know what I'm going to get, then I'm in the zone. hahaha one question though, the part around the inside of the ipad...is it lined in some kind of fur or fabric?

stealthmode29

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
yes, all lined with their microfiber like material. You need not worry about scratches from what I see. I also ran my fingers all through the inside a bunch of times to make sure nothing snagged or there were no little debris that would scratch it. Like I said, pretty perfect, can't think of anything wrong right now.

Gonzo75

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
I saw this at Best Buy in Sunnyvale today but I could've sworn it was 69.99. I didn't get it but plan on picking it up tomorrow with a 10% off coupon I have. I also took it out of the box to check it out and it has a rear camera hole if anyone wants to know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.