Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
i have been using mac since 2007 and have purchased many many Apple products and OSX.

Anyway, I am very interested in the 11" MBA, yet, whenever I think about the processor is CD2, I feel.. rip off!!!! I am hopping Apple will upgrade the processor June or July. If not, I might get the 11" samsung series 9 >.<

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
i have been using mac since 2007 and have purchased many many Apple products and OSX.

Anyway, I am very interested in the 11" MBA, yet, whenever I think about the processor is CD2, I feel.. rip off!!!! I am hopping Apple will upgrade the processor June or July. If not, I might get the 11" samsung series 9 >.<

When the lights go out you won't be able to see the keyboard on the Air.

And that epic fail has zero chance of being fixed for at least another two and one half years because Apple doesn't care about computers. Only 20% -and dwindling - of Apple's business is computers. The rest is Pods, Pads and Phones.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

It will get Sandy Bridge soon enough. Anyway, in October 2010, Core 2 Duo with the NVIDIA 320m was a better option than an Arrandale Core i3 or ULV Core i7. The Arrandale graphics are terrible. Sandy Bridge is at least tolerable.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York

And that epic fail has zero chance of being fixed for at least another two and one half years because Apple doesn't care about computers. Only 20% -and dwindling - of Apple's business is computers. The rest is Pods, Pads and Phones.

hes right. Apple clearly doesn't care about computers anymore. It's not like the MBP's that released a month ago were AT THE TIME the fastest notebook available or anything (oh wait, they were).

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Get over it...most Laptops dont have lighted keyboards. I cant remember the last time I needed to type on the keyboard when there was insufficient light.

Is it cool, yes, I have it on my m11x. Is it a deal breaker...HELL NO

I just dont get all the wining over this feature. If you need it that bad, I think I saw a glow in the dark keyboard overlay.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
hes right. Apple clearly doesn't care about computers anymore. It's not like the MBP's that released a month ago were AT THE TIME the fastest notebook available or anything (oh wait, they were).

As CPU's and graphics go I agree.. They are about minimal costs and maximum profit margins.

Still, you all keep buying Apple products. Stop buying and perhaps they will rethink their approach.

For me Apples are mostly toys...fun to play with.

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Get over it...most Laptops dont have lighted keyboards. I cant remember the last time I needed to type on the keyboard when there was insufficient light.

The first touch-tone phones had a backlit keyboard and I've never seen a phone that did not.

Why would you need a backlit keyboard for 12 keys but not for over 100 keys?

Anyone who OK's the manufacture of a laptop in 2011 without a backlit keyboard should be doing something else for a living, such as working the fryer at McDonald's.

--typed in the dark on my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.