Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Vaja case for the iPad 2. From the pics it seems to keep it thin and it uses the magnetic closure of the smart cover.

I want one in black and would pay $160. But when you add tax and shipping to Florida it comes out to $191. That's a bit too rich for an iPad case for me.

Are there any valid promo codes?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

PatrickKB

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I ordered a black one two days ago I will post some pictures and let you know what I think when I get mine.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I would be all over it at a lower price....maybe 100. It's a beautiful case but that's too much to pay. Anyone know if the price will go down?

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Case looks amazing till I saw the back :eek:, whats up with that. After all this $ you leave one corner exposed.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
once i become a millionaire i'll purchase one.

i just don't have that kind of money right now to spend on a case :(

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
I want this case, don't care about the cost, don't care about the corner, but..I do care about service, based on what I have read on their responsiveness, and now my own experience with them completely ignoring an email from me about this case, with a very simple question. I think I may have to pass.

I just know I will be sitting here tapping my foot waiting for this thing, and if 35 days turns into 66! like some have reported I would feel like I got alot less value for my $180. I am pretty sure I would rather shart my trousers and sit it in than deal with a company I give top dollar to and not get any kind of service. Someone please show me something positive from Vaja service-wise, because all I have read is bad.

If not for being impatient, I am pretty sure principal also needs to be considered here too. Why give a crappy company your $$.

SGP makes a nice case, considering it. Just not a prop up type, which I want. So confused.

PatrickKB

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
When I emailed them with questions about the case Maria answered me with in 5-10 minutes on the three questions that I asked. I was surprised that the answers came back so fast. This is the first time that I ordered from them so I don't know the time frame will be over 35 days or not but I believe I put my order in with in the first few hours that they put it up on their site I had been checking every day for the new iPad 2 cases.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
When I emailed them with questions about the case Maria answered me with in 5-10 minutes on the three questions that I asked. I was surprised that the answers came back so fast. This is the first time that I ordered from them so I don't know the time frame will be over 35 days or not but I believe I put my order in with in the first few hours that they put it up on their site I had been checking every day for the new iPad 2 cases.

Thanks Patrick..What day did you order? I asked the questions through their website so it's not like it got bounced back. I bet they are inundated at this point. But who really knows.

Do you think it will still fit into the Libretto with Zagg on it, front and back? I am going to get it done today since the zagg and the smartcover are the only cases I can get my hands on at the moment.

PatrickKB

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks Patrick..What day did you order? I asked the questions through their website so it's not like it got bounced back. I bet they are inundated at this point. But who really knows.

Do you think it will still fit into the Libretto with Zagg on it, front and back? I am going to get it done today since the zagg and the smartcover are the only cases I can get my hands on at the moment.

I placed my order on March 22nd, I am using a BSE on the back and I think it will fit ok. I am also using the smart cover until I get the new case. I had been watching Vaja's site everyday for the Agenda 2 case for the iPad 2 then I saw this case it almost looks the same to me except that the inside is not leather, I asked the difference between the two and I was told that the two are very similar what every that means.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
I agree. Every case must be able to protect the iPad from dropping it on a corner. :rolleyes:

definitely make this case less book bag friendly, or travel around friendly thats for sure. If Yoobao made the same Magic case for the iPad 2 I would just get that, but they chose a leather strap around the bezel to fasten the iPad into the case instead of the fitted fastening like the ipad1 case they did. That case is actually great and a third of the price of this. See video below for ipad1 case, if this were available for ipad2 with sleep wake functionality I would be done with this decision. For me, most important factors, are leather, sleepwake magnets, nothing on the bezel, two position viewing (one for typing one for viewing).

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/convertible-magazine-jacket-cl57779/5

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
That case is awesome but way too expensive. I feel like I already overpaid for the leather smart cover.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
To bad the aren't offering it in the colors I want. I have the original Agenda for iPad 1 in Toffee and its incredible. Best case ever.

I'd love one to match iPad 2, but I'd really love to rock the orange they have for the iPhone 4. White iPad with Orange case. Hell Ya.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
That case is awesome but way too expensive. I feel like I already overpaid for the leather smart cover.

You did overpay (as did I) and you only got half a cover. If you bought the leather smartcover (like me) then you already paid half of what you would have for the Vaja. If you multiply the smart cover x 2 then it equals one full cover. ;)

Either way, I hear you though, that case is killer expensive and the wait sucks. The next best case to the Vaja IMO is the new Marware CEO case. Does it all and then some. Shipping out first week of April.

Either way, my Smart Cover will be returned next week, I think it's incredibly overrated and over priced for what it does.

Skb3735

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
Seriously considered this case but then decided against it. The price is the foremost reason here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.