Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
7IiZNSl

Is this new in iOS 4.3? Got my new iPad 2 yesterday and was confused that my volume was as low as possible (without being muted) but my keyboard sounds were still pretty loud. Then I discovered this new option in settings.

Is this a new addition to iOS 4.3 or is it iPad only? Either way, it's really annoying now. I preferred it when there was only one systemwide volume setting.

Last edited:

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
7IiZNSl

Is this new in iOS 4.3? Got my new iPad 2 yesterday and was confused that my volume was as low as possible (without being muted) but my keyboard sounds were still pretty loud. Then I discovered this new option in settings.

Is this a new addition to iOS 4.3 or is it iPad only? Either way, it's really annoying now. I preferred it when there was only one systemwide volume setting.

It's new for the iPad 2 since it has FaceTime.

Ringer volume is how loud FaceTime rings and the other is general volume.

:)

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Ah, never thought of that. I was confused as to why it had a ringer volume, still irritates me...

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I agree, I find it to be my biggest annoyance in upgrading.

Some apps seem to use the ringer volume setting while others us the media volume.

I wish you could just switch it back to how it was with iPad 1. With my iPad I either want the sound on or I want the sound off.

There is a switch to control only media volume with the volume buttons, but then you have to set the ringer volume to a specific level and turning the volume button down does not mute it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.