Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:17 PM   #1
drpcken
macrumors newbie

SSH'ing into ATV 2 after jailbreaking?

So I just jailbroke my apple tv using greenpois0n rc6. Went pretty smooth. Rebooted and installed XBMC. Planning on configuring it later.

Thing is I was playing around with NitoTV and the apps and installed the mainmenuweather and mainmenusslideshow app but I dont' know how to configure or remove them. It shows weather from some location I'm nowhere near.

I'm pretty sure i need to SSH into the device right? Is there a good place to read up on all this or a place with resources?

I'm loving the jailbreak so far and it is really going to open up my media using XBMC.
Thanks!
drpcken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:04 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

To ssh into the device, open Terminal and type:
ssh root@XXX where XXX is the IP address of your ATV2. You'll be asked for a password, and if you haven't changed it yet, it's alpine.

To uninstall apps, type apt-get remove XXX where XXX is the name of the app.

When you're done with the session, just type exit and hit enter.

Hope this helps!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks