Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Big D 51
macrumors 6502a

Skype incoming video not so clear...Can it be fixed?

I am using my 13" ultimate MBA and the built in webcam. Also, I am using Skype 5.1.0.914.

I am getting around 2 Mbps download and 1.7 Mbps upload.

The incoming video is ok, but not very clear. I can see who I am talking with but blurry. The picture of me down on my screen, looks perfectly clear. They say mine isn't very clear on their end though. I am not too sure how clear because I haven't seen it. When I get back home, I am going to Skype computer to computer to see how it does.

For the meantime, is this just the performance of Skype since I don't pay the $9 a month for the HD version or is something wrong? Is there anything I can do to get better incoming video.

Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Joshuarocks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D 51 View Post
I am using my 13" ultimate MBA and the built in webcam. Also, I am using Skype 5.1.0.914.

I am getting around 2 Mbps download and 1.7 Mbps upload.

The incoming video is ok, but not very clear. I can see who I am talking with but blurry. The picture of me down on my screen, looks perfectly clear. They say mine isn't very clear on their end though. I am not too sure how clear because I haven't seen it. When I get back home, I am going to Skype computer to computer to see how it does.

For the meantime, is this just the performance of Skype since I don't pay the $9 a month for the HD version or is something wrong? Is there anything I can do to get better incoming video.

Thanks.
Skype 5.1 is buggy.. downgrade to the more stable version.. Skype 5.1 sucks...
Joshuarocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Big D 51
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuarocks View Post
Skype 5.1 is buggy.. downgrade to the more stable version.. Skype 5.1 sucks...
Thanks. I will try that.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Big D 51
macrumors 6502a

It did help some. Thanks.

I ended up skyping with a friend who was on a MBP, and it was much better. Guess it all depends on the persons camera and computer speed.

HD video would be nice but not interested in paying for it. I don't use skype enough.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store