Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akvavit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Dublin
So - i got a great deal on a VPN service - i won't write which on here, but if anyone should need a link, send me a PM....

Anyway... I am now rocking Netflix and Pandora from Ireland, and i love it!

Question from me now, is if there are some other must have apps - now that i got a US iTunes/ip.

Was thinking about a Hulu+ account, since my normal Hulu account does not work on the iPad.

But have i missed some?

Evgenyy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Vevo HD
ABC Player
Discovery HD
PBS
Rdio
CN Video
HBO

Don't forget some great UK apps too like BBC iPlayer, ipad.tvcatchup.com etc

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Does Amazon have the same E-Book availability in the UK? If not, VPN in and get some books :) . If it's the same in Europe, get some anyway ;)

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
A lot of those apps, however, particularly ones that stream television programs, may not actually work - I've tried ABC Player before and every time I tried watching something it detected I wasn't in the US and wouldn't proceed.

fatwallet

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Vevo HD
ABC Player
Discovery HD
PBS
Rdio
CN Video
HBO

Don't forget some great UK apps too like BBC iPlayer, ipad.tvcatchup.com etc

Hi, I've just downloaded an app called S*rf***y VPN, with the hope of being able to download apps from the USA iTunes and watch videos that normally am not able to watch (because of being in UK).
I have selected USA profile and assumed that on the google home page if I selected use precise location that it would be fooled and not actually show my precise location, and maybe use love film USA.

I wondered if there is anyone with experience of this app or similar app that could do what I'm looking for?:confused:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hi, I've just downloaded an app called S*rf***y VPN, with the hope of being able to download apps from the USA iTunes and watch videos that normally am not able to watch (because of being in UK).
I have selected USA profile and assumed that on the google home page if I selected use precise location that it would be fooled and not actually show my precise location, and maybe use love film USA.

I wondered if there is anyone with experience of this app or similar app that could do what I'm looking for?:confused:
What you need is an iTunes account with a US address, including the billing address. However, I'm not suse how an iOS device would behave with apps from 2 (or more) different iTunes accounts.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
What you need is an iTunes account with a US address, including the billing address. However, I'm not suse how an iOS device would behave with apps from 2 (or more) different iTunes accounts.

It works just fine. I have apps on my devices from Canada, US and UK.

There are many tutorials online to set up other country accounts but basically you create a new email address for the store and then sign out of iTunes and select the country you want and then select a free app to download, you then put in your new details.

This will only work with free apps since you won't have a valid credit card.

Zen.lopez

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2014

With a jail broken phone you could use the location faker apps. It worked for me

----------

It works just fine. I have apps on my devices from Canada, US and UK.

There are many tutorials online to set up other country accounts but basically you create a new email address for the store and then sign out of iTunes and select the country you want and then select a free app to download, you then put in your new details.

This will only work with free apps since you won't have a valid credit card.

I have just one iTunes account for multiple app stores

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.