Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1
jcmeyer5
macrumors regular

Talking Smart Cover... over or under?

I was cleaning my smart cover today (black leather), and I noticed how much dust and small particles the microfiber side was picking up. This is largely because when it is in stand form, that side is out. I got to looking at it, and there is no reason that it cannot be the leather side out vs. the microfiber side. I do it the way I do it because that is how the cute blonde in the store was doing it. I am now doing leather side out to prevent getting crap on the microfiber.

How do you do yours? Over (finished side out), or Under (microfiber out)?
jcmeyer5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Pballer110
macrumors 6502

Although you can do it both ways I find it to be a much more fluid motion to have it with the microfiber side out.
Pballer110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:58 AM   #3
miamialley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer110 View Post
Although you can do it both ways I find it to be a much more fluid motion to have it with the microfiber side out.
I thinks it's easier that way, but I do it with the poly out so avoid picking up stuff.
*usually.
miamialley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:14 AM   #4
KittyKatta
macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure Microfiber-Out is the RIGHT way to do it because if you do it vinyl/leather side out then it can't stand vertically since the weight just opens up the roll.
KittyKatta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:28 AM   #5
iggypod
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatta View Post
I'm pretty sure Microfiber-Out is the RIGHT way to do it because if you do it vinyl/leather side out then it can't stand vertically since the weight just opens up the roll.
This.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:31 AM   #6
jcmeyer5
macrumors regular

Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:20 AM   #7
jcmeyer5
macrumors regular

Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.

Follow-up question... when you arent using the cover for a stand, and are just holding the the ipad... what do you do with your cover? I fold mine in half, leather side out, and let the magnets hold it together.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:59 AM   #8
KittyKatta
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer5 View Post
Follow-up question... when you arent using the cover for a stand, and are just holding the the ipad... what do you do with your cover? I fold mine in half, leather side out, and let the magnets hold it together.
I like to roll it in triangle position and use it as a handle. But my hands arent that big and I've had the magnet disconnect on me. So now I do that but also fold it in half like you do.
KittyKatta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:30 PM   #9
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Over is better and safer.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories