Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
When you press the third button on the right of the picture? (The one which looks like a box with an arrow on top)

6f455469.png

I have checked the deleted emails bit and the bin on my Gmail account set up on my iPad but can't see the emails which I pressed that button on.

Lotso

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
OC, California
As it's been said the email is archived. If you want to delete the email you can press the button to the left of the archive button and move it to the trash.

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
If you don't want the Archive button and want the Trash can back for easy deletion go to Setting on your iPad and select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" then Gmail and turn off "Archive Messages".

mysterygirl

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2009
If you don't want the Archive button and want the Trash can back for easy deletion go to Setting on your iPad and select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" then Gmail and turn off "Archive Messages".

Thanks for that info! I'm not the OP but have been baffled about this since I got my iPad on launch day!

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
You are an awesome individual. I've been struggling with this forever

Adibobea9

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2007
I believe you can go to Mailboxes/All Mail on your iPad and get archived mail there. Then you can delete it…

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio

Wow for as long as I can remember, I always thought that was the trash. I've been doing that for years on my iPhones too. :eek: I must have thousands archived instead of deleted. Who wants to archive spam and junk! Just changed on all my iDevices.

Thanks again! :p +100 rep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.