Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Trying to get my iPad and computer Facetime to work on my network. Basically, I know it works because it works outside my network on other networks, but here, it does not work. When I call my friend, he will get the call, and clicks answer, but when after clicking answer, it just gets stuck on "Connecting." When he tires calling me, I don't even get the call.

What i've tried:
Opened all the ports Apple recommends opening.
Reset iPad network settings
Turned off all security settings on router

What else can I try? This is so silly.

Last edited:

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
SOLVED! After hours of research, I came across this tiny tiny forum with a bunch of folks who figured it out.

On the iPad (or iPhone) go to Settings<Wi-fi<slect the blue arrow next to your connected network>then change the DNS to 8.8.8.8

It worked! And finally all my push notifications worked too.

gustavo.promo

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
OMG! It just freaking works.

Does anyone know why? Not sure yet, but it may make iPhone's FaceTime stop working in the same network. Wicked!

SOLVED! After hours of research, I came across this tiny tiny forum with a bunch of folks who figured it out.

On the iPad (or iPhone) go to Settings<Wi-fi<slect the blue arrow next to your connected network>then change the DNS to 8.8.8.8

It worked! And finally all my push notifications worked too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.