Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maf2k8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Ok so i have owned my iPad 2 since launch and honestly, never taken 1 video with it. I went outside today and took a short 1-2min clip of my son on his big wheel, holding the ipad sideways ( i think thats how your suppose to hold it to record at 720p )

While recording i noticed the video would at times start having a weird black glitch ( trees, the sky, etc ) certain objects would turn black for just a quick moment, like a glitch! Even when i playback the video, the black glitch that comes and goes is there ( it happened 3 times within a 1 min video )

has anyone taken videos? ( not facetime ) with there iPad 2 and notice anything?

( uploading to youtube now, to show you what i mean )

Blacklabel34

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Orange County
Ok so i have owned my iPad 2 since launch and honestly, never taken 1 video with it. I went outside today and took a short 1-2min clip of my son on his big wheel, holding the ipad sideways ( i think thats how your suppose to hold it to record at 720p )

While recording i noticed the video would at times start having a weird black glitch ( trees, the sky, etc ) certain objects would turn black for just a quick moment, like a glitch! Even when i playback the video, the black glitch that comes and goes is there ( it happened 3 times within a 1 min video )

has anyone taken videos? ( not facetime ) with there iPad 2 and notice anything?

( uploading to youtube now, to show you what i mean )

Without seeing the video my guess would be a quick change in focus. Have you restarted it since launch? I'll take a look at the vid once its posted and let you know what I think.

hoofbite

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
Very interesting. I don't think that is normal at all. Has it been doing that with any videos you have made since then?

maf2k8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Well thats actually the first video i ever made which is funny. I just wanted to see how the video quality was on it. restarting it now and giving it another go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.