Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
Anybody else waiting for this? Hopefully I don't drop my ipad waiting for this thing to launch. Anyone know how long it took them to ship the ipad 1 after its launch?

loves2travel

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Anybody else waiting for this? Hopefully I don't drop my ipad waiting for this thing to launch. Anyone know how long it took them to ship the ipad 1 after its launch?

I am also waiting for the otterbox to come out. Just got an email back from them and it said that it's going to be out in 3 to 6 weeks.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
i think it is already available from Amazon except there is a wait time of 1-3 weeks :(

It's not available yet. Thats a just copy and paste ad from an ipad 1. The reseller just wants to secure your payment so when Otterbox launches they already have your money. I would just wait for otterbox. Com. That ad is really false advertising cause it showing an iPad 1, and advertising an ipad 2.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Damnit, the thread title fooled me. I thought it had been released. Yes, I'm waiting on the ipad 2 defender case from otterbox as well. I really like the defender for the original ipad - protects the thing so well.

The first ipad was released April 3, 2010. Amazon first started to offer the defender for it on June 3, 2010, so 2 months exactly.

The second ipad was released March 11, 2011, so we've got a while to go.

For what it's worth, the iphone 4 was released June 24, 2010, and otterbox started to offer it July 20, 2011, less than a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.